Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any other ideas where to find a ZX9R???
GJ Warren

posted on 10/2/03 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Any other ideas where to find a ZX9R???

Does anybody know a good supplier or engine for sale (ZX9R), it must have engine numbers however as i have to ship it to Malta and the customs will not let an engine without numbers enter. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jasper

posted on 10/2/03 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Can't suggest anything but the usual, bike breakers - lots on internet but be very careful as there are lots of horror stories, or just be patient and keep looking on Findit, ebay etc.

May be worth trying Mark at Mach1 as he has good contacts with his local breakers, I got mine from him:

0114 2619 633

UncleFista

posted on 13/2/03 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Probably already been discussed, but, how about pricing a bike engine from a country which doesn't allow (or at least makes very difficult) the building of kit cars ? I know Holland has legislation that more or less dissallows the registration of kit cars, maybe their bike breakers don't charge "silly" prices due to demand ?

I'm not a BEC officionado so there are probably a plethora of reasons why this can't be done, it just occured to me

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

mdc124

posted on 15/2/03 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
www.s-m-b-s.co.uk

N Yorks - Guy seems dead straight - If i ever need a replacement he should be able to sort one out.

He reckons that a 2000/2001 zx9 can be yours for about £1000

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.