Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike 'can' on a pinto 2 litre lump?
donut

posted on 16/5/03 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Bike 'can' on a pinto 2 litre lump?

I have been given a carbon fibre can for free! It used to be on a Ducatti and i would like to use it on my MK Indy which will have a 2 litre pinto. The question is the noise for SVA which needs to be 101db or below. I understand that these 'cans' can be packed and the more packing you use the quieter the exhaust noise. Taking into account the lower revs from the pinto do you think i need to pack the living daylights out of it? If i do will it make these cans pretty quiet?

Cheers in advance for any help

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 16/5/03 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Can you see through the can? inside is there a perforated tube running the length of the can?
If so then...
yes they are repackable BUT no, if you pack them to tight they lose effiency and will be loud just the same if you pack them too loose..

it will almost certainly be to loud (sound good though) but for the sva you could put a cone up the pipe it can dflect the sound through the wadding so making it quiet enough, it will be very low on power but after the test you could wip it out again

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.