Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pre 1995
MK9R

posted on 21/5/03 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
pre 1995

If i state that my engine is 1994 (new engine number if re conditioned) will i not need to have a cat on it, and will it get through emmisions without the lamda/carb thingy?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macca

posted on 21/5/03 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
If i state that my engine is 1994 (new engine number if re conditioned)

You mean sort of lie?
Don't understand the new engine number bit, would you be talking about a No. that the reconditioner would apply thats just for their reference.So you would end up with no manufactures No.?
Is that legal?
If you are going as far as changing No.s there must be an easier way????

Col.

benedict

posted on 21/5/03 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
If you state that your engine was manufactured pre-95 then you will need some sort of documentary evidence to back this up. Some centres allow a bit of common sense in that if it's an engine that hasn't been used since then then they'll let it go, but others still want the documentary evidence.
ISTR hearing some centres wanting something concrete from the manufacturer, while others are happy with the codes from the Haynes Manual.
I'm pretty certain that if you don't have a proper engine number or if it's "come off" you'll be tested to the cat standard.
As ever with SVA stuff the fine details are as variable as there are many testers.

If you're going to a "friendly" centre like Notts or Derby, I'd suggest giving them a ring if you want to clear anything up.

Cheers,
Ben

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.