Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ceebmoj's push button gear change the review
Jim

posted on 14/8/03 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
ceebmoj's push button gear change the review

I recently recieved the first push button gear change from ceebmoj. As promised I would write a review so here it goes.

I don't think that I can fault the design and construction of the electronics that are in the kit that ceebmoj (Blake) has sent to me. The construction is good and the presentation is good. The extras such as the computer interface and the programs on Cd so that you can upgrade the functions or alter the method of operation(advanced or basic) are good. There is a wiring diagram in the kit but the installation is very simple. So far I have had no problems with the electronics or the solenoids or the buttons. The little display which gives the gear works well and always shows the correct gear. The speed of the gear change is as fast if not faster than the gear chnage we had installed originally.

The kit has functioned very well when i have needed it too ie on the road. The only prolbem I have had is with the Honda Fireblade gearbox not changing into first when stationary. The computer and bike gearbox will catch up though with each other when changing into second. This is not a fault with the electronics or the changer system from Blake.

we installed it differently to what Blake imagined we would. I will post pictures if any one wants to look how we installed it. We used the two solenoids to pivot a lever which is mounted on top of the area above the drivers footwell which goes down to the gear chnage on the bike box.

I would recommend leaving the old gear lever in as a backup for when the bike box does not change gear when stationery as it would make it easier to set off than in 2nd etc.

So far I would say that it is well worth the money.

Blake,

Do you make a waterproof kit as I know someone who might be interestedin one for his fireblade.

Cheers

Jim

[Edited on 14/8/03 by Jim]

ijohnston99

posted on 14/8/03 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds promising.
Pics of the install would be good please Jim.

Thanks,
Ian

ceebmoj

posted on 14/8/03 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I was planning on building 5 to 10 more of the devices if there is any interest they will cost £50 each and will not include the solenoids. Unfortunately the price has risen significantly from my initial cost estimate of around £30 posted on hear a while back this is because of the grater length of time required to build each unit but mainly because the number of components has grown. I am also not supplying the solenoids because last time I went to my local scrap yard there where 6 or 7 SARB 900s there and I have personally remover the starter motors and solenoids from 4 of them and another two have already been removed so I could not source many more locally. However I have fount that all SARB 900s use the same starter motor so that can be sourced form any age of SARB. I have also been looking in to other solenoids options.

Blake

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.