Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What is written in your papers?
tapkutez

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
What is written in your papers?

If you build Locost, so after registration what is written in the documents. They name car as....??? Locost? Kitcar? Self made vehicle? Or the name of manufacturers like Westfield, Mk Indy, if you build car from them?
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

afj

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Mine says mk indy then 2 seater sports

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

l0rd

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
I would think that if you buy a kit from a Manufacturer, the name of the Manufacturer would be on the registration certificates.

I wait to be corrected.

Still though, a Kit from a manufacturer will not provide you with COC that you were after earlier.

tapkutez

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by afj

OK, but if MK Indy didnt gave you any papers with its kit, so how in registration office they know that it is mk indy? You told that? So I can tell them that it is Ferrari and they will write this in papers?

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Humbug

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
If you make it from scratch yourself, i.e. build the chassis, then you can call it what you like, e.g. a Tapkutez. I fancied naming a car after a village near me... Westerham
James

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
tapkutez,

I have a Locost. Obviously the manufacturer is me.

So on my registration paperwork manufacturer is my surname.

I've only ever heard difficult things about modifying cars in Germany so Good Luck with this.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

tapkutez

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
I would think that if you buy a kit from a Manufacturer, the name of the Manufacturer would be on the registration certificates.

I wait to be corrected.

Still though, a Kit from a manufacturer will not provide you with COC that you were after earlier.

But if I will make chassis the same as Westfields myself, so I could tell them it is westfield? And on papers I will have westfield? wooohooo

Anyway I wrote to Mk Indy, they told me that now their cars can be registered in any EU country, but then I ask about how do they do it its still silence from them. :/

James

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tapkutez
quote:
Originally posted by afj

OK, but if MK Indy didnt gave you any papers with its kit, so how in registration office they know that it is mk indy? You told that? So I can tell them that it is Ferrari and they will write this in papers?

Technically, yes, you could maybe do that.

I think that I could have got away with that when I registered my car.

But! Don't forget that in addition to the IVA test there is also the DVLA inspection when you register the car. This system might stop you calling a Locost a Ferrari.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tapkutez
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd

I wait to be corrected.

But if I will make chassis the same as Westfields myself, so I could tell them it is westfield? And on papers I will have westfield? wooohooo

Anyway I wrote to Mk Indy, they told me that now their cars can be registered in any EU country, but then I ask about how do they do it its still silence from them. :/

Does the German system recognise the name Westfield though? If not, then what's the point! You could call it anything.

If they do only recognise certain makes then I guess calling your Locost a Westfield is probably the best way.

Would you not be better registering the car here (taking IVA test) and then importing it to Germany?

Cheers,
James

l0rd

posted on 24/2/10 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Let me say that once again.

You can name your car anything you like.

When they ask for the COC, They will need that from the manufacturer.

I cannot see a way, that you can ask Westfield to send you a COC without them asking the vehicle identification number.

This is because, westfield just got a EU approval certificate and they will be selling Westfields anywhere in Uk for the price of £25,000.

Even if you build the car here in Uk and register it here, You will not be able to import it in germany.

I am afraid, it is a dead end.

If you manage to get it done though, Please ohhhh Please let me know how you managed that so i can get a car to import it in Greece.

lotusmadandy

posted on 24/2/10 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Mine says MK Indy,

I was the builder so i told them it was an MK.No bother.

Andy

rickys2000

posted on 24/2/10 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Mine says Luego - 2 seater sports car
wicket

posted on 24/2/10 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^ as above
Marcus

posted on 24/2/10 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Called mine a Bennett L7 RS, that way, if i want to build summat else using it as a donor, there's a chance I won't need IVA etc, no one knows what a 'Bennett' looks like

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.