Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blackbird Sump
feckn7

posted on 11/11/10 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
Blackbird Sump

Has anybody here had experience with the EFR Racing Blackbird sump with Swing pickup? http://www.efrracing.com/performanceparts.html
Looks like it might be an option to solve the Blackbird oil starvation problem.
I did email then to get some more details (price, weight shipping etc) and I got a one line reply - 650.00
Which I can only assume is $650USD - seems an odd way to do business - perhaps he doesn't really want to sell them.

Are there any other oil pans with swing pick-ups for the Blackbird?

David

probablyleon

posted on 12/11/10 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure how big a job it is but I'm told removing the balance shaft is a pretty effective way of side-stepping the Blackbird's starvation issues. Apparently this was/is fairly common practice in sidecar racing circles. Wish I'd looked into it further. Also (at the risk of putting you off buying my baffled wet sump) a couple of months ago, on the Caterham website, they were selling off Blackbird dry sump pans and tanks at around half price (also airboxes for carbed models). There were a few incorrect listing going on on the site so if you can't find them it might be worth giving them a call.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.