Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Compressor?
coozer

posted on 26/3/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Which Compressor?

I'm after a new compressor, my Aldi special isn't special at all, its useless, in that it wouldn't run the tools I bought with it, and. now the flimsy rail where the outputs are are fubarred.

I've been trying to get meself a nice 100l belt drive job off the bay but sniped at ridiculous prices at the last minute

Is one of the V twin types any good? Very cheap so I suspect the quality is as bad as the Aldi 'special'

Air Compressor 3HP 50L 50 ltr litre 14CFM V-Twin NEW on eBay (end time 18-Apr-11 09:48:40 BST)

Very cheap, cheaper than a second hand one and about £100 cheaper than a similar spec 14/50 job in Machine Mart.

Any thoughts? Either on these or where I can pick up a nice belt drive 100l jobby for under £300ish??

Ta,
Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Peteff

posted on 26/3/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Wolf Dakota 3HP 14CFM Belt Drive 100L Air Compressor on eBay (end time 18-Apr-11 11:15:23 BST) will get you what you are looking for. It will cost you £25 delivery, it's not far from here. I have a SIP V twin very similar to the one you link to and it's been a good tool for quite a few years despite being direct drive but you will struggle to drive air tools on any compressor running on domestic electricity supply, blowing tyres and a bit of painting is about the limit along with running a nailer and quick bursts with a nut runner. Die grinders and similar rotary tools need big cfm to function efficiently.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

birdii

posted on 27/3/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I recently bought this 3hp v twin compressor:

AIR COMPRESSOR 3 hp TWIN V MOTOR 50 LT TANK BRAND NEW on eBay (end time 09-Apr-11 15:39:16 BST)

So far i have been very happy with it, just about adequate for a die grinder but i have also coupled up m old 2hp 50ltr SIP compressor and with both together the results are brilliant!

fatfranky

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
PM Sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.