Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What's the tiger like
tjoh84

posted on 7/4/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
What's the tiger like

Hi guys been away for a while after selling my locost r1 powered been thinking about getting another on but want a better one this time ideally would like westfield but prob over my budget want cec time pref zetec or like not and old pinto
catman

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
i love my zetec super 6 its not perfect but like i said, i love it, you get what you pay for. im biased but i think the tigers are some of the best looking sevens out there. if i didnt have a tiger i would like a MNR if i could afford one as i think they look very well engineered, or a striker as they seem to be great drivers cars.

HTH

Ed

caged supersix
Carbon/GRP
210 bhp silvertop
190 lbft

snakebelly

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Personally i would take your money else where, quality is very very variable.
AndyW

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Check out the GBS Zero, great car, great build, great service from them. They even supply brand new zetec's, plus do a quick search and see how many are passing IVA first time...............

Only about a year away from finishing mine..............although said that last year

norfolkluego

posted on 7/4/11 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
As an ex Tiger owner I'd say go for it, don't think their quality is any better or worse than most as as said it's a good looker. If I was going to buy another one (and I would) I'd go for the Avon rather than the Cat becauseof the rear suspension set up and they're doing fantastic deals on Avons at the moment
tjoh84

posted on 8/4/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi thanks for the reply well been looking at a tiger super 6 and a mx5 Westfield at the moment ready built as have two young kids and not allowed to build one
snakebelly

posted on 8/4/11 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
the westfield every time as long as the moneys right imho
studon

posted on 29/4/11 at 03:32 AM Reply With Quote
The debate over quality always crops up.

the quality of the end result is down to the person themselves. If you are prepared to put the effort in, the car will look every way as good as a premium version.

I would look at it this way. if you are going to the effort of building a Tiger, then be prepared to put a little extra work in.

( I use the term building rather than assembling because companies such as Caterham and Westfield basically provide assembly packs and therefore you pay the premium for this well engineered and prepared parts that need little or no preparaton)
The appeal to me for when I built my Tiger Avon was...

1. The proportions look just right and it has fully independant rear suspension.
2. Tiger themselves are a family business and once you get to know them you will see that they are fully commited to helping you build your Tiger.
3. The value for money because you wil have to put a little more effort into the build than that say of a Westy or Caterham, you are not paying those premiums.

I built my Avon many years ago now (it is the yellow one that features in some of the Tiger adverts in the mags and on their website). I enjoyed every part of it and even raced it a couple of times in the Tiger race championship. It was a really great experience and sadly due to my overseas work secondment, I had to sell it.

If and when I get back to the UK, I would have no second thoughts about building another. In fact I have heard from Tiger that they have now developed a fully bodied design that can be mounted to the Avon chassis so even better you can have two different bodies on the one chassis depending on your taste!

Good luck with your decision

Stu

PS I do not work for Tiger! I am only sharing my experience.

icecarver

posted on 30/4/11 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Whats it like

Take your money and run else where
eddie99

posted on 30/4/11 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
MX5 westy versus a tiger.... simple decision.... go to stoneleigh and you'll see the noticeable difference... If you can afford it...westy every time

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.