Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megabusa airbox fitted
On_the_busas

posted on 19/8/14 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Megabusa airbox fitted

Hi all,

Before buying my Megabusa I decided that I wanted one to use as a weekend and occasional track day car, one thing that always concerned me was the level of induction noise with the open Pipercross sausage airfilter and the ability to upset the noise limits at certain tracks. After reading on here that a lot of cars are very much at the top end of the drive by noise limits I decided that I wanted to make mine a little quieter from an induction noise point of view.

After a bit of digging around on here I came across forum member cosmick who had previously helped me with another issue I had and I knew he had quite a lot of experience making and adapting standard airbox's to fit under the bonnet after reading one of his posts. After contacting him he was more than happy to help me out with an airbox (adapted GSXR 750 X airbox to fit the Gen 1 Hayabusa) that fits under my V8 bonnet and I am over the moon with the results. Virtually all the induction noise is gone now and the engine feels very crisp and smooth, I'm still yet to take it to a circuit but I'm more than confident that it will slip under the noise limits easily. I'm sure if you are interested cosmick will be able to help you with all the details.

Many thanks to cosmick!

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 19/8/14 by On_the_busas]

cosmick

posted on 25/8/14 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the glowing review. The airbox looks brilliant and very low under the bonnet line.

Cosmick

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

deanspoors

posted on 23/9/14 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Good work! Do you have any more photos of the modified airbox. I'd like to do the same for my Megabusa. What year airbox did you get?

Thanks!
Dean

On_the_busas

posted on 24/9/14 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Dean,

It's actually a GSXR 750 X airbox (believe to be 1999) running a standard air filter at the moment which fits directly onto the Gen 1 hayabusa throttle bodies. Unfortunately I don't have any close up photos of the airbox mod but I could maybe get you some at the end of the week? In the meantime have a look at cosmick's photo archive and you should be able to find some more detailed pictures or give him a shout, i'm sure he would be more than happy to help.

Cheers
Kev

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.