Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 engine 2007 4c8 airbox modification
Weelee

posted on 5/1/17 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
R1 engine 2007 4c8 airbox modification

Hi there just fitted a r1 4c8 engine looking for some ideas of of what to do with airbox weather it's fit a sausage filter or if someone sell a modified box for them any idea would be great cheers lee
jelly head

posted on 6/1/17 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
I was undecided what was best because it meant binning the adjustable velocity stacks but it would have been nice to have kept them.

I finished up chopping the original airbox up to retain the bottom set then i build my own box around them to take a filer on top, which was a pain as there is the T/B servo motor in the way.

I have seen a set up where a sausage filter was mounted higher up on long spacers but it looked flimsy.

Probably easiest way is to chop a hole in the bonnet and use the original airbox, not much help i know....

Weelee

posted on 6/1/17 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Got it all sorted now lad, what I did was cut off the bit where the standard air filter would sit in the air box and got a px600 base plate and cut it all out so I could keep the stacks still moving will just have to cut a hole in bonnet filter will stick out about 80mm.

Got some pics for anybody doing this in future.

TimC

posted on 7/1/17 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
Incidentally, the variable stacks are only any use at low throttle openings - and certainly for track work they just won't serve a material purpose. Keep the motor wired though.

My solution to your original question was not very locost but I'm happy with it - modified Reverie trumpet tray and ITG JC filter. Best seen here if interested:
https://youtu.be/v2jAgsKaf5c

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.