Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC Engine Tuner and Dyno in East Midlands?
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/4/17 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
BEC Engine Tuner and Dyno in East Midlands?

I'm fed of not being able to get the engine in my single seater running right and then losing money/time not being able to run at events I have gone to.

I have decided to just get the car done properly but googling can't help me find a place where they can fix/rebuild/tune a Carb'd bike engine and then actually Dyno test it in a car to confirm that everything is running right.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that can do both, i can find plenty of places that can build a bike engine or run a car on a Dyno but one without the other is pointless.

I am based in Derby so East Midlands is best but I will travel to get it done.

Cheers

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Adam

posted on 27/4/17 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.dyno-tech.co.uk/

I took my Triabusa (hayabusa engine) to dyno tech in ripley. Tuned it up really well. They do rebuilds and stuff too.

Cheers

Ads

sam919

posted on 27/4/17 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.daytuner.co.uk/

http://www.daytuner.co.uk/services/competition-work/

maybe not the closest, and maybe worth a try

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/4/17 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Just been on the phone to Daytuner, think I'm going to just have to suck it up and leave very early in the morning!

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sam919

posted on 27/4/17 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
I reckon its worth it, most of my exploits that have anything racing in them are usually a few hours away! and south of the border.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 27/4/17 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Dynobike in Malton is where you need to take it. He sorted out a somewhat troublesome 4XV for me some time ago, so there's a good deal of 'old school' knowledge..... some of us do remember life without ROM Raider.
40inches

posted on 27/4/17 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
There is one in Mansfield, opposite GBS. He has a very good rep with bike engined cars, and has a Dyno.
http://www.torquetune.co.uk/index.php/cars

[Edited on 27-4-17 by 40inches]

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/4/17 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I phoned Torque Tune yesterday as it looked perfect but he doesn't have a car Dyno anymore sadly. I really want the car to be proven to be running correctly before taking it to another sprint/test and you just can't do that revving it in neutral.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

Jon Ison

posted on 27/4/17 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'm traveling from Skegness to Daytuner, well worth the effort

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.