Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP! Bike engine trouble shooter needed - Kawasaki engine, electronic installation issue?
carpmart

posted on 10/5/17 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
HELP! Bike engine trouble shooter needed - Kawasaki engine, electronic installation issue?

Hi All

Langushing in my garage is my loverly Radical Supersport. One of the rods punched a hole in the side of the original motor nearly two years ago! I acquired a very trick replacement motor (was in a Jedi hillclimb car) removed the original motor and installed the replacement with original dry sump etc. A mechanic I know well spliced the radical and Jedi loom together and we then chased trying to get it to run for a few months. Since then, other aspect of life have taken over and this has been neglected, until now!

So, I'm now at a point where I need to get some help with getting this thing going. I'm way out of touch with what we've done/tried/failed with so far and I need to hire someone to come in and get the bloody thing going again!

I would be very appreciative of recommendations and or introductions to someone who can incan hire to get this car back out on track Days! I'm in mid Bedfordshire, pretty close to J12 off the M1.

Thanks in advance

[Edited on 10/5/17 by carpmart]

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

computid

posted on 10/5/17 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'm only up the road in Leighton Buzzard, if you have tools and somewhere to work at yours I'm happy to come along and spend an afternoon tinkering with it to see if we can get it going if you like.

No charge!

carpmart

posted on 11/5/17 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by computid
I'm only up the road in Leighton Buzzard, if you have tools and somewhere to work at yours I'm happy to come along and spend an afternoon tinkering with it to see if we can get it going if you like.

No charge!

This is a very kind offer, many thanks... I'm a little out of my depth with finding the fault here, so it's a pretty complicated situation. It's not an installation issue persay, more of a sensor, wiring, compatibility issue between existing Radical wiring and this motor. Replaced countless parts, switched back from the fuel injection to the original carbs etc, but just can't resolve what is causing this not to fire.

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

computid

posted on 15/6/17 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
quote:
Originally posted by computid

No charge!

This is a very kind offer, many thanks... I'm a little out of my depth with finding the fault here, so it's a pretty complicated situation. It's not an installation issue persay, more of a sensor, wiring, compatibility issue between existing Radical wiring and this motor. Replaced countless parts, switched back from the fuel injection to the original carbs etc, but just can't resolve what is causing this not to fire.

This confused me not going to lie, do you want me to come by and have a fiddle?

Drop me a U2U if yes.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.