Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Rear wings
LBMEFM

posted on 10/6/17 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
MK Rear wings

Is anyone aware, apart from MK themselves, if there is anywhere I can buy some good quality rear wings for my MK Indy at a reasonable cost ? Thanks
adithorp

posted on 10/6/17 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
MK is now owned by KitCarDirect and there's reports of good service from the new owners.

http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

hkp57

posted on 11/6/17 at 03:42 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.kitcarparts-scotland.co.uk/285mm-rear-wheel-arches/

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

LBMEFM

posted on 11/6/17 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
MK is now owned by KitCarDirect and there's reports of good service from the new owners.

http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/

I visited the new base for MK in Rayne in Essex and I was very impressed by Neil and Sean and I think the future of MK is in good hands. However, for reasons that I do not want to discuss as they need all the help they can get in their new venture I just wanted to see if there are any alternative bodywork suppliers.

Matt21

posted on 17/6/17 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I visited the new base for MK in Rayne in Essex and I was very impressed by Neil and Sean and I think the future of MK is in good hands. However, for reasons that I do not want to discuss as they need all the help they can get in their new venture I just wanted to see if there are any alternative bodywork suppliers.

I'm also interested in someone else who can supply body parts other than kitcardirect.

I previously bought some front wings (carbon csr ones) from them, they arrived badly damaged and were so thin that you could see daylight through most of them!
They were supposed to be carbon on top and grp underneath to keep costs down, fair enough there was a layer of carbon, but next to no grp at all. Extremely flimsy, hence why they were snapped in numerous places when they arrived.
I was then fed some nonsense about being unable to return them as it was more than 5 days after i received them.

Eventually I did get a full refund and spent my money at CarbonNV who sent me a set of FULL carbon wings which are really good quality and solid! and were only £30 more than KCD

It may be that the wings I was sent were left overs from the MK days (though they did not say this) or may have just been a bad lot, I'd like to think they wouldn't make and send a set that were that poorly made on purpose.
What got me was the attitude towards returning them. I'd have expected them to want to keep customers happy to try and rebuild the MK name and reputation. Instead they were very reluctant to take them back.

CarbonNV don't list rear wings, but may be able to make some if you drop him an email.

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

LBMEFM

posted on 17/6/17 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
The reason for the original post is that I bought two rear wings for my MK Indy from MK and they were really poor quality, scuff marks, bits of dirt in the gel and generally poorly made and very thin. That said I spoke to Sean of MK and he did apologise and said that they were having new molds made which should improve the quality and they will be ready in five to six weeks. I don't want that long, I want the car back on the road for the summer, so I have put the defective wings on the car and they promise that soon as the new ones are made they will let me have them at cost price. I will wait and see, I just hope that they will be good because I just want to see the MK brand stay strong.
Charlie C

posted on 18/6/17 at 05:23 AM Reply With Quote
I wasn't so lucky as you to be offered another set at cost, i recently waited two months for a pair of rear aches from kit car direct and the quality is shocking they where seconds at best, but like you I was fed up of having my car off the road. I had to really push for a partial refund I should have sent them back because they look so crap but I want to use my car this summer.

Gauging by others experiences kit car direct know there is a problem with their suppliers lead time and quality so they should be more transparent about the issues they are having instead off acting like each case is a one off. When I had problems with kitcar direct didn't post on here because I thought my case was a one off a didn't want to negatively impact their business but now it appears others are have the same problems.

Matt21

posted on 19/6/17 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.