Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which engine Which chassis
CosKev3

posted on 29/10/17 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah Busa engines are expensive, old and pretty hard to find decent ones now.
And as you say they do have a premium price tag on any BEC that's Busa powered.
Oil issues are common on them too,so ideally you want a car that's running a dry sump system,so again this adds to the cost of the cars your looking at as it's £2-3000 for a dry sump system.

Crazylegs

posted on 31/10/17 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Oil issues are common on them too,so ideally you want a car that's running a dry sump system,so again this adds to the cost of the cars your looking at as it's £2-3000 for a dry sump system.

Cheers Kev, yes I've read that although powerful the Busa engines can be problematic due to it being a wetsumped engine they can suffer from oil surge I believe?

Blimey, 3k for a dry sump system; that is crazy money. In your opinion, which one is the best to go for or does it not really matter?

I'm reading that either the CBR 900, R1 or ZX12 being the best ones.

CosKev3

posted on 8/11/17 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crazylegs
quote:

Cheers Kev, yes I've read that although powerful the Busa engines can be problematic due to it being a wetsumped engine they can suffer from oil surge I believe?

Blimey, 3k for a dry sump system; that is crazy money. In your opinion, which one is the best to go for or does it not really matter?

It all depends on what you class as best!

All BEC''s with a everyday average driver on the road will be pretty similar in performance tbh.

The more modern Fireblade engines seem to be the ones to have now,or the big 1400cc kawasaki engines,but you do pay a much higher price as they are much newer.

gaz_gaz

posted on 9/11/17 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
a 2011 CBR1000rr was the route I chose but anything after a 2009 will be perfect.

The Busa's are big old heavy lumps compared to a modern superbike
1000cc

Andy Bates at AB Performance has perfected the install and all the parts required are available off the shelf. With power outputs of 165 to 170bhp at the rear wheels they're not far behind but alot lighter than the Hayabusa, they also come with the added bonus of a slipper clutch as standard

Crazylegs

posted on 9/11/17 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Crazylegs
quote:

It all depends on what you class as best!

All BEC''s with a everyday average driver on the road will be pretty similar in performance tbh.

The more modern Fireblade engines seem to be the ones to have now,or the big 1400cc kawasaki engines,but you do pay a much higher price as they are much newer.

Thanks again for this, it's good to gain different viewpoints as I'm a newcomer to all this. Hopefully Dug will sell me his when I'm in a position to get one so I won't have to go around choosing one ah ha ha!!

Seems like the more modern Fireblade is the way to go or something similar 1000cc engine sized by the look of it.

[Edited on 9/11/17 by Crazylegs]

Crazylegs

posted on 9/11/17 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
a 2011 CBR1000rr was the route I chose but anything after a 2009 will be perfect.

The Busa's are big old heavy lumps compared to a modern superbike
1000cc

Andy Bates at AB Performance has perfected the install and all the parts required are available off the shelf. With power outputs of 165 to 170bhp at the rear wheels they're not far behind but alot lighter than the Hayabusa, they also come with the added bonus of a slipper clutch as standard

Thanks buddy for this!

Good information and knowledge which I will bear in mind thank you. Didn't realise the Busa's were a heavy block compared to some of the newer engines so that's useful to know.

I've read that Andy is the man to go to, I'm hoping that I will find one that's already done with a decent engine as I won't be building one myself.

What's a slipper clutch sorry?

scootz

posted on 10/11/17 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Is the 'Riot' midi still in production?

That would be my choice, with a Fireblade engine and chain drive.

It's Evolution Baby!

rdodger

posted on 10/11/17 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it is

https://www.riotcars.co.uk/

Crazylegs

posted on 10/11/17 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Not a fan of them you know, they look too short like the back end is missing.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.