Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 919 Blade MOT setup advice
Neadles

posted on 26/7/17 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
919 Blade MOT setup advice

Having bought the car with an MOT and not having ever done one as used on track only. I have began looking into things and the log book looks like it needs a full emissions test. I wasn't given a CAT with the car it is a 97 919 carb'd blade.

I really am not good with bike engines or carbs so I need some advice how to get it through an MOT.

I get it I need to fit a CAT and adjust the exhaust position.
The carbs were set up by Damien at Day tuner a few years ago and I remember him drilling out some holes which I guess we're the air correctors and he changed the main jets.

So I suppose I want some advice on what to do with the carbs for the low down end, do I lean out on the adjuster screws and change the clip height on the sliders? Doni need to block the air corrector up again?

Any a dive would be appreciated as I can't seem to find any write ups on it.

asn163

posted on 27/7/17 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
How is the car registered? If it is on a Q plate you may be able to get away with a visual smoke only test. If you are on an age related , I think you will be tied to the emissions applicable to the date.
I have a Q plate on mine and always been visual smoke only.

OliilO

posted on 27/7/17 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'd suggest just finding a local independent garage with a bit of an interest in unusual cars may yield the simplest result.
Neadles

posted on 27/7/17 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
It's an 05 age related plate and the emissions are on the v5
dmrider_10

posted on 28/7/17 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
As above, find a proper garage....... If youre doing this purely to pass MOT ans then revert back to your original setup as soon as its passed, i dont see any moral difference to just getting a more leniant tester to do it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.