Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RED TOP HT LEADS
hornetV2

posted on 28/2/19 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
RED TOP HT LEADS

Hi, just fitting a No-Diz and bike carbs to a Vauxhall C20XE Red Top.

Unfortunately, the engine used to have a dizzy type cap on the end of the exhaust cam, but now has a wasted spark coil pack with two coils.

My problem is that I don't know which coil HT leads for cylinders 1 and 2 go to, and which leads for cylinders 3 and 4 go to. So if we take the coil nearest the connect for the 4 pin wiring connecter, does anyone know which HT leads would fit to it?

rusty nuts

posted on 1/3/19 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
The coil may be marked 1,2,3,4 ? As you are now using a wasted spark system both plugs for cylinders 1 and 4 fire at the same time when both pistons are at TDC with cylinders 2 and 3 firing 180 degrees later. If the engine doesn’t fire swap leads 1 and 4 with leads 2 and 3
hornetV2

posted on 1/3/19 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, but there are no markings on the coil!

I understand the wasted spark design, but just want to confirm which coil is firing 1 and 4, so I will then know which coil to put 2 and 3 HT leads on.

As you say if it doesn't start just swop the pairs around, but if there are other problems as well I could be chasing my arse for ages.

Ideally if someone has a redtop with a nodiz and the vauxhall type coilpack, and they could remove the HT leads cover and let me know what HT leads are going to the two pins next to the wiring connector, then my problem would be solved

rusty nuts

posted on 1/3/19 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
If there are other problems you may not have a spark. Also more info on the type of oil you are using may help?
hornetV2

posted on 1/3/19 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Im still fitting the engine, not tried to start it yet. Just trying to fit the HT leads in the right position at the moment.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.