Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hot Brain
Wadders

posted on 20/5/03 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hot Brain

Fired my ZX9 engine up for the first time on Sunday, runs a treat, but i did notice that the ecu seems to get quite hot , is this normal?

TIA

Wadders

benedict

posted on 20/5/03 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
I've never felt mine I'm afraid, so not sure. Wouldn't surprise me if it does get a litte warm though.
Come to think of it I've never felt my regulator either and as that seems to be built onto a heatsink I'd expect that to get warm.

I'll try and remember to err, give it a feel next time I use it

Cheers,
Ben

locodude

posted on 20/5/03 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, and I'll do the same. If ever the skies clear for long enough to go for a meaningfull blast.
p.s. Ben, you taking the 'Tangerine copy' to Le Mans this year? (and yes I know I copied your engine!)

benedict

posted on 20/5/03 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locodude
p.s. Ben, you taking the 'Tangerine copy' to Le Mans this year? (and yes I know I copied your engine!)
Ahem, I think the "satzoomer" is slightly more appropriate for mine and anyway, I thought you were changing yours to the "Mandarin Dream" on account of now going all oriental

Err, yes. Barring mechanical catastrophe mine will LeMans-ing this year. We're staying on a privately run campsite, outside the circuit this year (with a real ale bar onsite )
Cheers,
Ben

locodude

posted on 21/5/03 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ben
I'm afraid the name 'Tangerine Ninja' seems to have stuck, oh well. As for Le Mans, you lucky bugger. There are 18 of us going down in 9 vehicles camping at 'Karting Nord'. May see you wandering about, just look for some idiots wearing Sludge Pumpers european tour 2003 't' shirts. Jasper will be the one eating all the foreign muck!

Wadders

posted on 21/5/03 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Much obliged chaps,
BTW it gets hot just ticking over in the garage for a minute or two, which is why i'm a bit worried.

Ta

Wadders
i]Originally posted by locodude
Yes, and I'll do the same. If ever the skies clear for long enough to go for a meaningfull blast.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.