Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rolling Road
Jasper

posted on 2/7/03 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Rolling Road

Had mine on the rolling road today - very interesting. I'm using a pipercross foam filter and dynojet kit. Even using the suggested settings it was too rich top end, too lean bottom end. I couldn't have told you if it was wrong b4 the test. Now it runs really well.

So for anybody out there whose fitted a different airbox and isn't totally comfortable setting up carbs I can really recommend it. At least I now know it's running at optimum and not damaging the engine by being too lean.

Unfortunately there was a bit of slippage on the rollers so the power output wasn't very accurate, only showing 120bhp at flywheel. The new Digidash software now works out bhp, so I'll use that once it's set up.

Well worth the £88 IMO, and the company I used are use to BEC's (Gerald Dale Motorsport in Ninfield, East Sussex).

[Edited on 2/7/03 by Jasper]

jimgiblett

posted on 3/7/03 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
>Unfortunately there was a bit of slippage on the rollers so the power output wasn't very accurate

I had that problem too. The solution was a person in each seat plus a big guy sat on the roll bar

Glad to hear its all running well.

Cheers

Jim

Ian Pearson

posted on 26/7/03 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jasper,

Have you got a number for Gerald Dale Motorsport ??

Cheers, Ian.

Jasper

posted on 27/7/03 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
01424 893903

Jasper

westindy

posted on 28/7/03 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Rolling Road - Essex/Herts/Cambs

I'm looking for a Rolling Road to have my Indy ZX9R set up anyone know of one in the Essex/Herts/Cambs area - I want someone that is use to setting up bike engines???

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.