Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone got a tape measure handy??
suparuss

posted on 26/7/03 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
anyone got a tape measure handy??

could someone measure their rear sprocket outer diameter and thickness please? if its not too much trouble.
when i get those sizes i can finish the 3d model for the gear box ive designed and ill post a piccie. then im gonna send it off to quaife and see how much they can make em for!

Cheers,

Russ.

Rorty

posted on 29/7/03 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Sprocket to suit 530 chain is 8.8mm thick. Sorry, can't help with sprocket OD, as they vary from bike to bike. Give me a tooth count, and I'll work it out for you though.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
suparuss

posted on 29/7/03 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
cheers rorty, already done a rough guestimate on diameter, and guessed at 8mm for the width, not far off!
im gonna take some screen shots of my model now and post em here shortly.

suparuss

posted on 29/7/03 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
stupid fotango reduces that phot sizes so they are bit small-

the yellow bit is the selector fork, which would be operated in the same way as the engine gear selection, to get reverse it just pulls out the locking mechanism into the little blocks with the teeth on them, which bolt to the chassis. foreward locking mechanism is kept in place with springs so that the selector fork doesnt do any work, and there is zero friction.
as said earlier, there are no moving parts at all in foreward, not even a bearing.
the whole thing is only 63mm wide, and 232mm diameter, most of the parts can be made from ally too, so it should light as a feather, or a couple thousand feathers maybe?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.