Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK electric reverse for BEC
Glorfindel

posted on 2/8/03 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
MK electric reverse for BEC

Can anyone give me some information on the electric reverse MK uses on the Indy BEC cars.

My main concern is if the system has enough power to move the car uphill. I don't want to do hillclimbs in reverse, but i just want to know if i can depend on it to maneuver if i'm on an incline.

If not, is there a better system around?

suparuss

posted on 3/8/03 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
howdy, i dont know muck about the electric one, but i wasnt too keen on the idea so set about desiging my own, i am just waiting for quaife to get back to me and hopefull well be able to collaborate on the finall dimensions and material selection etc. im not sure how long youd have to wait but things are moving.
here is a picture of a 3d model of what it will look like- Rescued attachment gearbox.jpg
Rescued attachment gearbox.jpg

catflap

posted on 3/8/03 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Any more detail on that ?
suparuss

posted on 4/8/03 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
i cant really tell you the weight or cost just yet, but it is mostly simple parts and shouldnt be too expensive, id like it to bolt straight to the standard quaife atb diff so that you dont have to buy a whole new unit if you allready have a diff. most of the parts can be made from alluminium so it should be very light, only being 63mm wide and around 234mm in diameter. another advantage is that there are no moving parts while in foreward gear so you get 100% efficiency and reliablity, the only thing that can break is the chain. id like to say it will be better than the current quaife chain drive unit and quaife powertech unit but wont really know until it has been tested.

cheers,

Russ.

[Edited on 4/8/03 by suparuss]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.