Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX9R Question
coozer

posted on 10/8/03 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
ZX9R Question

Can anyone tell me what the strange plumbling is that sits on top of the engine. Is it ok to remove it? I'm thinking of blanking it all off with aplate under the covere on each side.
Any observations??

Jasper

posted on 10/8/03 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
If you're talking about ontop of the rocker cover then yes, remove the pipes and blank off underneath (I just araldited 4 stainless bolts down the holes).
coozer

posted on 10/8/03 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Mines got what looks like reed valves off a 2 stroke. What's that all about??
MK9R

posted on 11/8/03 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Its an air intake for the exhaust valves, when the the throttle is open the the vacume valve (connecting the 2 pipes together) lets air in to allow unburnt fuel to burn off, when you back off the throttle the vacume valve closes (to stop the fuel burning/exploding in the exhaust), its all something to do with the emmissions on bikes. There are 3 options, leave as is, block of the holes (which you will need to do to get thr lamda sensor working correctly for the emmisions test) or remove the vacume valve so you get lots of popping and banging on overrun (as i have, but unless you put an air filter on it, you get a lot of mechanical noise coming from the it)

This is what i have done:-

funny pipes

[Edited on 11/8/03 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.