Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 4xv safety wiring
locoboy

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
R1 4xv safety wiring

R1 4xv Wiring

Had the opertunity tonight to run my car up on axle stands.

Stalled it in 3rd and tried to re start it.

I thought by closing off the clutch wires and the side stand wires i could start it in gear - i couldn't, had to pi$$ aboug trying to find neutral. My car needs rocking back and forth to move through the gears withought the engine running.

I don't want to have to ground the neutral switch and have the light on permanently as i want to know when i am in neutral for example when im waiting at at the traffic lights etc.

I thought the clutch and the sidestand would over ride the neutral switch.......................................................................

ATB
Locoboy

smart51

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
clutch switch and side stand switch should do it. Put your multimeter on the black/yellow wire from the cut off relay to ground and measure the ohms. If it's not zero (with the car in gear) then your connection is open somewhere.

either check your clutch and side stand switches or just make an earth connection to the black / yellow wire.

adithorp

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is the same as yours Locoboy. Also if the sidestand isn't earthed it cuts out when you put it in gear. I think you can cut the feed to the bike dash warning light, so its not on all the time when you earth the neutral switch, but then you don't know when your out of gear. Catch 22!

I've left mine as start in neutral only.

Adrian

smart51

posted on 4/8/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I've left mine as start in neutral only.

There's no need to do that. If you connect the relay to ground properly then it will start in any gear, leaving the neutral switch free to do the dashboard lamp.

adithorp

posted on 4/8/07 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
So having looked at the wiring diagram; You cut the blue wire coming out of the relay to the neutral swith and connesct the relay side to earth. Then cut the light blue and white from the relay to the dash neutral light and connect the dash side to the neutral switch side of the blue wire.

then you can start in gear and the neutral ligt still works. Have I got that right?

Adrian

smart51

posted on 4/8/07 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
short the points where the red arrows are to make it start in gear. You do nothing to the light blue wire at all. Rescued attachment r1.GIF
Rescued attachment r1.GIF

adithorp

posted on 4/8/07 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh... but mines an '06.

Adrian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.