Board logo

Why isn't this selling?
Banana - 19/8/16 at 11:59 PM

This seems to have been for sale for months.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/kit-cars/tiger/tiger-cat-e1-2004/5399729?v=c

Any thoughts?

I like the idea of a Toyota engine.

[Edited on 20/8/16 by Banana]

LBMEFM - 20/8/16 at 04:23 AM

It looks good to me, Tigers are good cars, this particular one seems to have a good spec and at a reasonable price. However, pictures can be misleading, as the owner honestly say's, "Even for a kit car it's a bit rough around the edges ". It's not until you see a car in the "flesh" do you see what it's really like. Other reasons could be money is still tight and also the end of the summer is approaching. It would make a good winter project though.

loggyboy - 20/8/16 at 06:28 AM

Could be people thinking its a Cat write off?!?! Lol

big_wasa - 20/8/16 at 08:04 AM

A Cat is one of the chunkier 7's with the full Sierra rear beam. It's also the tail end of the season.

That said a correctly registard 7 for sub 4.5k is a cheap kitcar.

MP3C - 20/8/16 at 08:51 AM

Take off the negatives. They aren't really negatives to be honest. If you are buying a 2004 kit car you expect some stone chips - roll bar not a problem and the gears in traffic. Well you are going to be more pissed off about hitting traffic than how the car handles in the traffic, mine is awful but then i know it more than makes up for it when there is no traffic!

Matt

perksy - 20/8/16 at 09:53 AM

The Negatives are emphasized too much

a few stone chips on a gel coat body are to be expected and the buyer will want to haggle anyway if they want to buy the car
Also the bit about being difficult to drive in traffic isn't doing it any favours imho

Just my 2p

mark chandler - 20/8/16 at 09:53 AM

His description kills the car, reduce the negatives to a single line like condition consummate with age, just do not try and trick someone when discussing, you need to tempt them in.