Board logo

LHD headlights
tajgreidotu - 26/10/15 at 07:27 PM

Hi guys,

My build is advancing fast now, and its time to start thinking about headlights.

I understand that as the car will be LHD, and trying to avoid legal problems, I should look for LHD headlights and E-marked.

I had a look but to be hones I didn't even find one possibility.

Any idea about this?

gremlin1234 - 26/10/15 at 07:45 PM

you need the lights to suit local roads,
left hand drive/ right hand dip are available, here's a uk supplier
http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/XBC103410.aspx

but seven inch headlights fit many many things so you should be able to source them locally.

loony - 26/10/15 at 08:34 PM

I bought pair of this for my Haynes Roadster:

They are Polish WESEM 161mm headlights for Ursus/Zetor agricultural machines, E-marked, so maybe you are able to buy them locally in Bulgaria.
They accept H4 bulbs, so ignore old fashion R2 bulb at the photo.

http://shop.wesem.com/en/3/6716/headlamps_pes2_type_h4_r2

russbost - 27/10/15 at 10:51 AM

Dominators & many projector lights have a flat topped beam pattern which is ok in both Uk & EU, I believe for EU countries "E" marking is required (dominators are "E" marked, not all projectors are)

loony - 27/10/15 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Dominators & many projector lights have a flat topped beam pattern which is ok in both Uk & EU, I believe for EU countries "E" marking is required (dominators are "E" marked, not all projectors are)

It depends
Eg. in Poland flat topped beam is not permitted - one must have asymetrical beam (more to right side of the road)

snowy2 - 29/10/15 at 07:48 PM

Dominator dip "flat" so are a universal fit.....

snowy2 - 29/10/15 at 07:54 PM

I believe that the EU Has a rule that basically says that if a car is legal in one country it must be allowed as legal in another. ..it's how HID lights are legal here in the UK despite not being allowed under C+U regs...

russbost - 29/10/15 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snowy2
I believe that the EU Has a rule that basically says that if a car is legal in one country it must be allowed as legal in another. ..it's how HID lights are legal here in the UK despite not being allowed under C+U regs...

Oh, if only that were true - just try & import a perfectly legal kitcar registered in the UK to France, Germany or most of the rest of the EU & see how much fun you'll have - the IVA is a national test, the only thing that is applied across EU has to be international, such as type approval