Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Merc 190
Mark Allanson

posted on 11/9/02 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Merc 190

The steel for my chassis is being delivered on friday, I still don't have a donor car. We had a Merc 190 2.0 manual dragged into work today and I cannot see any problems with using one of these as a donor. The front hubs look easily adaptable to double wishbone and the IRS looks no more difficult than a Sierra. The gearbox is really narrow and short, but the engine is a little tall but I recon that it is no taller than a pinto. I know I would have to use a different rack, but this should not be too difficult.
Can anyone see any problems that I have not thought of?
Thanks
Mark
P.S. Perhaps I should use the McSorley 4" wider plans to accomodate the rubber donut on the probshaft.

Highcost builder

posted on 11/9/02 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
if the gearbox is short there may be a problem with the gearstick position? and the only other thing i can think of would be the rear track may be a little wide did you measure it?
johnston

posted on 11/9/02 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
i drove 1 a few times from wot i can remember it seems very low geared not that great for a light car like a locost imo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.