Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First run since engine transplant
albertz

posted on 2/5/09 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
First run since engine transplant

I have just taken my car out for its first run since fitting the new Zetec (blacktop), there are a couple of issues that are bothering me slightly. Hopefully someone on here can give me some advice...

The engine is a brand new 2.0 Zetec blacktop fitted with a Griffin Power Systems inlet manifold, Omex 600 ECU, standard injectors, fuel rail etc.

The engine is running very rich in my opinion and is slightly smokey exhaust i think due to running too rich, there is also a slight misfire, which seems to clear when revved.

I only went about 1 mile in total and when i came back i pulled the oil dipstick and there was a release of pressure, quite a bit of pressure actually - is that normal?

I have just fitted an idle valve as sold by Griffin, but to be honest i am not sure which way round it goes as there are no directional arrows or anything. I dont think that is the problem though, as it was running just as rich before i fitted that valve. According to the guy from Griffin there should not be any problems like this, it should be just 'plug n play'...but is anything?

One final thing (i know this is probably daft) but which way generally should the brake bias bar be, should it be screwed through towards the rear cylinder or moreso towards the front cylinder? I think i must have mine the wrong way round as the brakes are not great at first, but once the pedal is pressed they bite quite well.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.