Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scorpio Hubs
welshy

posted on 14/9/09 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Scorpio Hubs

I have tried using the search feature but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I went to my local scrap yard searching for drive shafts, calipers, hubs and discs from a sierra with a rear disc setup but they didn't have one in. They did however have a Scorpio in. The calipers looked the same as did the hubs, the discs had 4 studs as per the sierra.
So are they the same?
Also what is the minimum wheel size that can fit on a sierra/scorpio rear disc set up (i am hoping 13".

Cheers
Ben

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/9/09 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
same hubs, disks etc

you can fit 13 inch wheels but not if the wheels have any flanges on the back of the spokes

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GrumpyOne

posted on 14/9/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
The rear hubs are the same as the sierra, the fronts are not. Depending on what model of Scorpio the driveshafts came off of they may be the same.
I am using the calipers, diff, driveshafts etc from a 2.9 24V V6. The driveshafts are thicker and longer than a Sierra, and the calipers are for a 273 mm disk. Most other model of Scorpio use a 260 or a 253 disk on the rear.

HTH
Colin

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

welshy

posted on 14/9/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the speedy reply. Keep up the great work.
Ben

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

jollygreengiant

posted on 14/9/09 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
The rear hubs are the same as the sierra, the fronts are not. Depending on what model of Scorpio the driveshafts came off of they may be the same.
I am using the calipers, diff, driveshafts etc from a 2.9 24V V6. The driveshafts are thicker and longer than a Sierra, and the calipers are for a 273 mm disk. Most other model of Scorpio use a 260 or a 253 disk on the rear.

HTH
Colin

I think you will find the drive shafts are the same length as sierra (I used a Scorpio rear end in my Luego kit, designed for Sierra/Granda, with no issues at all), however some later models did have a better/stronger flange design. These have 10mm flange bolts instead of 8mm and they also have a rubber gasket for each face of the joint face. You cannot mix the two types of joint/shaft and the CV boots are different from the normal early one ( had had to use universal fit ones and trim them to size).

The four stud PCD is the same as Sierra.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

GrumpyOne

posted on 16/9/09 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
The driveshafts are different lenghts depending on what model Scorpio they come off of.
Could be 535 mm or 540 mm (right hand side) the Granada is different again 520 mm, 606 mm 0r 620 mm, as is the Sierra 606 mm, 625 mm, 825 mm, 835 mm depending on whether it had disks, drums, ABS etc.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.co.uk

Scorpio Diff ratios are 3.36, 3.64, 4.09 and 4.27 depending on model.

HTH
Colin

[Edited on 16/9/09 by GrumpyOne]

[Edited on 16/9/09 by GrumpyOne]

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.