Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: removal
Findlay234

posted on 20/9/02 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
removal

just a quick query, how did you remove your donor shells? ive got a sierra to get rid off, the local dump just says leave it there and theyll sort it out, so all thats needed is to get it there. know any prices for removals? could it do it myself with a trailor?
CairB

posted on 20/9/02 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
One outfit said that they would remove my Sierra shell for nowt but never turned up, despite repeated phone calls over a week. To please totherarf I used a breakers that wanted £20 to shift it, it was removed that afternoon.

Being without wheels we had fun dragging it down the path and onto the back of the waggon on my sons skate board, trolley jack and base of a Machine Mart engine stand though!!

I think that there's not much incentive to turn up if they don't charge for removal.

Cheers,

Colin

interestedparty

posted on 20/9/02 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
just a quick query, how did you remove your donor shells? ive got a sierra to get rid off, the local dump just says leave it there and theyll sort it out, so all thats needed is to get it there. know any prices for removals? could it do it myself with a trailor?

If the trailer is big enough, and you can back it up close to the shell, then of course you can. If you were to say what area you were in it might just be that someone knows someone in your area who could help. Small chance maybe but got to be worth a try?

John

RoadkillUK

posted on 20/9/02 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Cut the roof off mine the cut it into quarters, then used a trailor to take it to the local scrap merchant (not scrapyard).

Could have weighed it in but I just wanted rid of it.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
john_s

posted on 20/9/02 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I carved mine up into handy sized pieces with a 9" angle grinder as i took parts off, then just took the bits to the tip and threw them in the scrap metal skip.

John.

--
John Singleton

stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/9/02 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
i got a scrappy to pick mine up for 50 quid.

i didnt think it was worth the hassle to cut up a whole car.

the dumps in northants seem to have a thing against dumping at the moment. A guy next to me a week ago was warned that he was dumping too much carpet - it was just a car load.

Its no wonder so much shyte is dumped around the roads of northants.

What kind of cretin restricts what you can dump at a dump?

You can be fined 20k for dumping outside the dump gates, but only 2.5k if you dump dangerous waste. Well considered strategy by northants council i think.

atb

steve

paulf

posted on 20/9/02 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
The way things are in Northants at the moment I rekon the best way is to push it into the street and report it as dumped outside your house. The council seems to be taking great delight in telling us how quickly they now remove and crush untaxed or dumped cars.
However if they noticed that it was stripped and not worth anything they probbaly wouldnt bother.
I paid a tenner to get rid of my last shell to Charlie Perkins it took him two weeks to pick up but he told me that at the time i called him.
Paul.
quote:
i got a scrappy to pick mine up for 50 quid.

i didnt think it was worth the hassle to cut up a whole car.

the dumps in northants seem to have a thing against dumping at the moment. A guy next to me a week ago was warned that he was dumping too much carpet - it was just a car load.

Its no wonder so much shyte is dumped around the roads of northants.

What kind of cretin restricts what you can dump at a dump?

You can be fined 20k for dumping outside the dump gates, but only 2.5k if you dump dangerous waste. Well considered strategy by northants council i think.

atb

steve

stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/9/02 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
isnt charlies yard the one by the A14 that used to be closed (or still is) to the public? The scrappy just down the road from you took my fifty quid no probs!

Ecton lane, that is the road running para to the A45 near billing, is a fantastic dumping ground. Although there is a dump at the end of it (!) the road is nicknamed my me and my mates 'sarajevo'. Its full of dumped burned out cars and flytipping. You never know whats around the corner - its friggin dangerous. If its got anything to do with the travellers camp, I dont know.

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.