Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Possible Donor?
chrisg

posted on 21/9/02 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Possible Donor?

Hi chaps,

I just happen to have a Routemaster bus lying around, do you think it would make a good donor?

I know the back axle may be a bit wide, and it has about 50 too many seats, but what do you think?

I know no-ones done this before but you watch - none for six years and then three'll come at once!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

theconrodkid

posted on 21/9/02 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
the side panels are all ally so that should make up for some of the weight,pre select gearbox has to be fitted and the engine is in two peices so you could make it a 3 pot,sounds like a go to me!
bob

posted on 22/9/02 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Pull switch start,cool

stephen_gusterson

posted on 22/9/02 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi chaps,

I just happen to have a Routemaster bus lying around, do you think it would make a good donor?

But chris, i thought you liked your Porche???

atb

steve

James

posted on 23/9/02 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds just like a good start for a future project:

Top deck:
1. Rip out all but about 6 seats and space out those six. Add in a couple of tables etc.
2. Fit a couple of beds/shower/kitchen/TV! etc. etc.

All done in nice 'California Look' style.

Bottom deck:
1. Rip out everything except engine and drivers area.
2. Kit out empty space as portable Locost workshop and transporter.

Then you can use it to go on holiday (South of France strikes me as a good start) with the family/friends and take your Locost with you for day trips and sleep in the coach!

Cheers,

James

Hmmm, think I'll start planning it now....

paulbeyer

posted on 23/9/02 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
No mention of a BBQ? With one fitted it would make a great fun bus for Donnington next year.
MrFluffy

posted on 23/9/02 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Then you can use it to go on holiday (South of France strikes me as a good start) with the family/friends and take your Locost with you for day trips and sleep in the coach!

Hmmm, think I'll start planning it now....

Nah not the south, its horrible, I live there and id much rather be in the quiet rural bit or near lemans or something...
San tropez is like rhyl but replace the dodgy rock sellers with dodgy ships chandlers...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 23/9/02 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
No mention of a BBQ? With one fitted it would make a great fun bus for Donnington next year.

That was the exact sort of event I thought it'd be great for!

I think a small pool or spa with a lift to get it on the roof would be a good thing too.

What's the cost of taking a coach on a ferry? And what's the fuel economy like on a coach?
Getting it down to San Tropez or Spain or somewhere would be the first option I'd have thought!

Come to think of it, some Donnington Airport sound proofing should get installed too.

James

MrFluffy

posted on 23/9/02 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
oddly enough I went san tropez last saturday just for kicks seeing as im stuck here for another 3 months, the only thing to recommend it was the ice cream shop that sold 20 flavours (including 8 kinds of sugar free yogurts) in the harbour.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 23/9/02 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Are we talking about a different San Tropez from the one I always thought was full of posh sports cars, posh chicks and nice weather? Oh, and multi-million pound boats too?

James

theconrodkid

posted on 23/9/02 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Used to be posh,its now full of northerners in old london busses who think their cliff richards,bin south of france,it is a bit of a dump,monaco is nice they wouldnt let the likes of us in though
MrFluffy

posted on 23/9/02 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
S'funny u mention monaco :p
Actually monaco is quite clean, but you wouldnt want to drive a car round there, the traffic's hell on earth, and theres definatly dodgy geezers in mercs lurking..
You see the odd ferrari around, but its mostly wrinkly old biddies in lycra or shell suits covered in fake tan driving them. And yeah, theres some big boats in the harbours, but like, how are you going to make a tube chassis and fit a decent motor into a crappy boat? Boats smell of fish anyway.
Tickets for the gp would be a good thought, as long as you remembered 3 years in advance and rode in by motorbike..
South of france is ace if you like boats and stuck up gits n seafood, i think its living hell

MrFluffy

posted on 24/9/02 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
James, I just thought you'd like to know that I rode the 10 mins home from work through hailstone the size of marbles on my dirt bike.
I seen two cars in walls (occupants ok) from the conditions and went through flash flooding of over 2ft in places, plus ice about 8" thick.
I live in grasse, about half way between monaco and saint tropez...

stephen_gusterson

posted on 24/9/02 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
well, i live half way between northampton and corby, so that just about outposes you nananeennaaanaaa

atb

steve

Alan B

posted on 24/9/02 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

well, i live half way between northampton and corby, so that just about outposes you nananeennaaanaaa

atb

steve

Well, I live half way between Daytona and Sebring

bob

posted on 24/9/02 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Well i think i've got you here boys.

I live inbetween the Brooklands museum Weybridge and Terry's cafe in Ruislip

stephen_gusterson

posted on 24/9/02 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
actually, I wasnt being serious, but i suppose its nice being only a few miles and a 3 day traffic jam from silverstone and rockingham.

Actually rockingham was literally drive right in

I have a nice piccy (composite) taken from where I sat. I will put it in my pics section. And yes, it was only a third full. Get down there when the race runs next may - its great entertainment.

atb

steve

MrFluffy

posted on 25/9/02 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
No guys you missed the point! The point is that I *DONT* think its a pose here, its full off all the things I dont like and the weathers crap too. Plus you cant find a decent chippy..

bob

posted on 25/9/02 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Or get a descent pint

chrisg

posted on 25/9/02 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
So, what has all this got to do with my (bus) donor?

mmmmmmmmm?

Wonder if Jim Mcs has any plus 3 metre width plans?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 25/9/02 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
You'll need 3.5mtr extra for your lardy arse!
chrisg

posted on 27/9/02 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing as I fit in your car, yours muist be at least as big.

Also...........bollocks.

Without Compliments

Chris

stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/9/02 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Or get a descent pint

well,you can get a 250 or 330cls

atb

steve

MrFluffy

posted on 27/9/02 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Or get a descent pint

well,you can get a 250 or 330cls

atb

steve

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but theres a bar in antibes called La Gaffe, that only serves pints, and you can get a lager, or a pint of strongbow or whatever in there..
True to the spirit of england, the beer costs a bloody fortune in there!

bob

posted on 27/9/02 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
dont they sell real ale out there?
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.