Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 leaking - partlist wanted
Rena

posted on 10/8/15 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Type 9 leaking - partlist wanted

Hi,

I forgot to change sealings when I build my car and now it´s leaking from speedo output, input and output shaft.

To solve the problem I have to change the seals but I´m also considering to remove the speedo drive.
Found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYPE-9-AND-ROCKET-SPEEDO-BLANK-WITH-O-RING-SEALS-CATERHAM-WESTFIELD-KITCAR-Etc-/151770036860?hash=item235632fa7c
That´s a nice solution but also a expensive one. If I want to remove the speedo drive and blank the output. Which parts do I need (links)?

MP3C

posted on 10/8/15 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I just had this problem a few months back. My gearbox still has the speedo in just it has been cut off and sealed with a rivet. The leak was from where it joined the gearbox. All I did was take the circlip out and speedo out and and put some instant gasket on the face and put the speedo back in. Works fine now and no leakage.

Matt

Rena

posted on 10/8/15 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MP3C
I just had this problem a few months back. My gearbox still has the speedo in just it has been cut off and sealed with a rivet. The leak was from where it joined the gearbox. All I did was take the circlip out and speedo out and and put some instant gasket on the face and put the speedo back in. Works fine now and no leakage.

Matt

That also a solution, but I have change other sealings aswell, that´s why I thought about doing the speedo properly.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.