Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS 2.0 Pinto engine package with extras
MP3C

posted on 7/3/16 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
FS 2.0 Pinto engine package with extras

FS 2.0 Pinto engine + running gear (144bhp)

I tried selling this before but no intrest so I have dropped the price slightly. The price I want includes everything below and is £1500. I could get more if I split it but which I don’t want to do due to the engine setup in its current state being absolutely brilliant.

If you can make it to Corby before I take it out in the coming days you can see it running.

Currently it’s just lacking a bit of power for my sprints and hill climbs so can’t really compete with the other modern engine cars – hence the engine swap. The engine has more than enough power and torque to ensure you keep your wits about you, even in my car which is 640kg, it is blisteringly quick and more than adequate for road driving, even the odd track day event.
The engine and everything as follows (sorry for the length but wanted to explain everything included)

Cylinder head - Stage 3 ported big valve cylinder head - Valve sizes Inlet - 44.4mm Exhaust - 38.1mm.

BF134 high torque cam only done about 1500 miles.

Wills ring setup (addition to head gasket) to ensure best seal to the block. The seal increases when driven harder (engine gets hotter) due to the nitrogen filled rings expanding. Head gasket was done about 200 miles ago and no leaking or problems and won’t need doing again for a long time.

Standard bottom end engine 205 block - shortened sump - few scratches and marks to bottom as expected, replacements are cheap but not needed as it doesn’t leak. Apparently the bottom end of the engine was rebuilt with new seals and rings to pistons etc. when the engine was first put in the car 1800 miles ago. This however I can't prove but it runs as sweet as nut so have no reason to say it wasn’t. It was setup by Northampton Motorsport with readings of 144.2 BHP and 125.1 foot-pounds of torque (169.6 newton-meters) I have just replaced a few things on the cylinder head such as the follower retaining springs and oil spray bar with a new rocker cover gasket.

Vernier pulley – it’s the stronger cast type, much stronger than the newer alloy type.

Twin weber carbs 45s with Syntec duel throttle linkage kit including Ram Air filter socks and long trumpets (set up and re-jetted by Northampton Motorsport and can include receipt and dyno output figures) - manifold to increase height to ensure carbs fit over the chassis out of the side of the car.

Lightened flywheel – weights 6kg and makes a nice difference to the revving speed and also includes starter motor - all working fine.

Will come with engine mounts which you might be able to utilise – currently sitting in a Tiger Cat E1.

You can have the radiator as well if you need it, it’s not in the best condition as it’s starting to rust internally but will be adequate to get you started until you are able to upgrade. Including header tank as well, can also include coolant pipework, again if needed.

Exhaust manifold (wrapped in volcanic fibre wrap - if it’s possible to keep this attached in the removal of the pipes you can have it) – re-packable silencer which has been repacked about 200 miles ago and 6” diameter x 24” long. 4 - 1 exhaust setup.

Type 9 gearbox. Oil was replaced when engine was last out - about 500 miles ago. Seems fine and never had a problem with it. Includes the extender kit and gear lever. Bellhousing and clutch are as standard, work fine for me, could potentially have an uprated one if driven hard but have never been necessary for me.

Megajolt ECU includes everything needed (EDIS module and coil pack etc.). Coil pack I have mounted on the old distributor (this has been cut off and shortened and the coil pack mounted on top so looks like it still has the standard distributor, trigger wheel and sensor, weber throttle position sensor on carbs included and the ability to include a launch control button which I never fitted. It does have a shift light connected at the moment but due to having fitted the shift light in a certain way I don’t really want to take it off. New one can be bought for about £7.

Includes a Denso alternator.

I think that’s everything and enough to get you going as the majority of the running gear and extras are there, pictures and video below.

If you need anymore details about anything then give me a U2U

Thanks for looking.
Matt

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.