Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wide body question
yoldy

posted on 9/8/19 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
wide body question

hi im on the market for a westfield/tiger ect, im a larger chap so need more seat space.
what models have simular width to a seiw, thanks. noobie

40inches

posted on 9/8/19 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Put your location in your control panel, someone near to you may let you sit in their car
yoldy

posted on 9/8/19 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
wide body question

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Put your location in your control panel, someone near to you may let you sit in their car

yoldy

posted on 9/8/19 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
had a seat in a tiger, yes i fit but just too tight. are westfeilds narrow body the same size as a tiger?
big_wasa

posted on 9/8/19 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
If your looking for a professional kit then the Luego Viento is the the daddy. The Haynes roadster is a touch wider than book and book is a touch wider than a tiger, especially an Avon.

I am to big for mine really. I couldn’t tour in It but I can put up with it for a Sunday blast. Have you sat in something “book” sized ? Mk Indy, Luego velocity. With minimal seats you may be surprised

ianhurley20

posted on 9/8/19 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I went to the Kit car show at Stoneleigh for exactly the same reason armed with a tape measure. I measured the width and where I could sat in cars. Several surprises. Almost all of the Tigers are made for midgets. Westfields of recent years are all wide body. MEV Exocet has a lot of room. Widest 7 (apart from the super wide Luegos) is the Robin Hood 2B (+) (50 cm). GBS Zero does a really good wide body car.
What did I settle on? The 44cm wide Haynes Roadster with a top hung brake pedal system which gave me somewhere to rest my left boot on a longer journey. Wetfield and GBS would be similar, the 2B is ok but not a patch on the other cars for general driving. (Sorry no experience of MK etc - even though the HR was designed by MK)

yoldy

posted on 9/8/19 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
I went to the Kit car show at Stoneleigh for exactly the same reason armed with a tape measure. I measured the width and where I could sat in cars. Several surprises. Almost all of the Tigers are made for midgets. Westfields of recent years are all wide body. MEV Exocet has a lot of room. Widest 7 (apart from the super wide Luegos) is the Robin Hood 2B (+) (50 cm). GBS Zero does a really good wide body car.
What did I settle on? The 44cm wide Haynes Roadster with a top hung brake pedal system which gave me somewhere to rest my left boot on a longer journey. Wetfield and GBS would be similar, the 2B is ok but not a patch on the other cars for general driving. (Sorry no experience of MK etc - even though the HR was designed by MK)
sorry for the noobie question but whats a "book"?

yoldy

posted on 9/8/19 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yoldy
quote:

yoldy

posted on 9/8/19 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
cheers for the info

mcerd1

posted on 9/8/19 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

"the book" - linky

-

yoldy

posted on 9/8/19 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Lol,cheers!!!
overdriver

posted on 9/8/19 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
There is a variant of the Tiger Supercat designated the XL which has increased cockpit width. A fairly rare beast but there is one currently for sale on the Tiger Owners Forum.

Michael.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.