Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: JAW wideband lambda
nre

posted on 17/5/08 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry mate, I'm going to have to drop out as plans have changed. Looks like you should still get up to 10 without me.

Cheers, Neil
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Right, so far we have...

big_wasa
richard thomas
zzr1100rick2
robocog/nre (half each!)
martynv
viatron
tim windmill
garym

+ me makes 9.

One more confirmed and we're on!

Chris

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

phoenix70

posted on 17/5/08 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
I'm in too, what about trying to get a group buy on the wideband sensor to go with this.

Cheers

Scott

ChrisW

posted on 17/5/08 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, new list...

1. big_wasa
2. richard thomas
3. zzr1100rick2
4. robocog
5. martynv
6. viatron
7. tim windmill
8. garym
9. phoenix70
10. ecosse

I'm trying to get a deal on the lambda, but best so far (brand new, from a reputable supplier) is £90 each . Working on it though... I'll find a way!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richard thomas

posted on 17/5/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'm up for a lambda sensor too!!

adithorp

posted on 17/5/08 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in. u2u sent.

adrian

ChrisW

posted on 18/5/08 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
New list...

1. big_wasa
2. richard thomas
3. zzr1100rick2
4. robocog
5. martynv
6. viatron
7. tim windmill
8. garym
9. phoenix70
10. ecosse
11. adithorp

Got a quote for lambda sensors, 10 unit minimum order, at £30 each. Does that sound reasonable?

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mix

posted on 18/5/08 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris

The Lambda sensor price seems very good, what spec are we talking?

Regards Mick

ChrisW

posted on 18/5/08 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Rob - yes, I remember! I'll have the spare 'no display' one for the XR3.

Price for the lambda is for the recommended Bosch LSU 4.2 one.

Chris

RichardK

posted on 18/5/08 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Count me in as well please mate. Cheers Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

meany

posted on 18/5/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
put me down for one aswell Chris.

u2u sent

ChrisW

posted on 19/5/08 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
1. big_wasa
2. richard thomas
3. zzr1100rick2
4. robocog
5. martynv
6. viatron
7. tim windmill
8. garym
9. phoenix70
10. ecosse
11. adithorp
12. richardk
13. meany

MikeRJ

posted on 19/5/08 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Stick me down for a JAW and a sensor then, save a load of faffing around I suppose

[Edited on 19/5/08 by MikeRJ]

paulf

posted on 19/5/08 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
If anyone else needs one without the display I could do with a display only,I already have the JAW unit.
Paul

[Edited on 19/5/08 by paulf]

ChrisW

posted on 19/5/08 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
1. big_wasa
2. richard thomas
3. zzr1100rick2
4. robocog
5. martynv
6. viatron
7. tim windmill
8. garym
9. phoenix70
10. ecosse
11. adithorp
12. richardk
13. meany
14. mikerj

Just waiting to hear back from the guy that makes them with regard to stock. Anyone else want to get in before the order gets sent?

For info....

1. I've had a couple of people ask about my electronics experience as I'm going to be putting the units together. I studied electronics for 3 years, then did 3 year apprenticeship in at the BBC doing mainly diagnosis and repair of electronic circuitry. Worked there for a further 7 years. Although I don't do it for a living any more, it's still a hobby. Units like the JAW, Megasquirt, Megajolt, etc I can put together with my eyes closed!

2. I'm not prepared to sell them as a kit of parts for the simple reason that I don't want to get involved with returns. If I build them, test them, and send them out as complete units there can be no arguements over whether a component is dodgy, or whether the board has just been built badly.

Cheers, Chris

ChrisW

posted on 20/5/08 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Rob

As above, and quoted below, I'm not prepared to supply in kit form. I will solder the IDC connector on backwards however if you want to flush mount.

If you MUST have it in kit form, you'll have to order yourself from the States.

Cheers, Chris

quote:
2. I'm not prepared to sell them as a kit of parts for the simple reason that I don't want to get involved with returns. If I build them, test them, and send them out as complete units there can be no arguements over whether a component is dodgy, or whether the board has just been built badly.

MikeR

posted on 20/5/08 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Seem to recall you can get Lambda sensors from range rovers etc. I want to get one - but the 90 quid for the lambda makes this a bit steep. what's the deal if i want to use a different sensor (ie do i have to change anything / tell you anything different).

How do you want paying & when?

ChrisW

posted on 20/5/08 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Got a quote for lambda sensors, 10 unit minimum order, at £30 each. Does that sound reasonable?

That's the best I've managed to get so far on the sensor itself so far.

I'll put up some Paypal links in a couple of days to make the payments. The choices will be:

1. Unit and display, built and tested, as per $115 option on JAW website - £60

2. As 1, but including optional VW bits to make up the lambda cable - £68

3. As 1, but including Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband sensor (brand new) - £90

4. Unit, display, sensor and plug - £98

The only thing you WILL NOT get in the kits is the spade terminals for making the 'cheap' lambda lead. Two reasons for this, first being that it's a bodge solution that no self-respecting LB member should consider when the 'proper' parts are only £8, and second because you can pick them up locally very easy if you do want to bodge it!

Cheers, Chris

ChrisW

posted on 20/5/08 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to say... the Lambda sensors come from VW cars. Late model Golfs and Beetles if I remember correctly. If you can find one in a scrappy, that's all good, but I personally don't see many of them around here.

Personally, I don't think £30 is a bad price for a new one. Certainly not seen them any cheaper in the UK!

Chris

ecosse

posted on 20/5/08 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

4. Unit, display, sensor and plug - £98

Option 4 for me please

Cheers
Alex

MikeRJ

posted on 20/5/08 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Personally, I don't think £30 is a bad price for a new one. Certainly not seen them any cheaper in the UK!

It's a superb price, less than most places are selling a genuine Bosch narrow band sensor for.

I don't think any Range Rovers apart from perhaps the very latest had wideband sensors.

MikeR

posted on 20/5/08 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
When do you need to know by?

(ie i want to say yes i just need to have that debate with myself that says "do you really want this?"

ChrisW

posted on 20/5/08 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still waiting to hear back from Alan, the chap at JAW. Seems I'm not the only one either!

I'll get some Paypal links up for ordering as soon as I've heard from him, then it will be a case of 'as soon as everyone has paid'.

Chris

ChrisW

posted on 21/5/08 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Have to admit something guys.... I've screwed up on the lambda sensor price.

The quote I've got for £30 is for the Bosch 0258007206 sensor which has the 'wrong' plug. Whether it would work with a JAW I can't be sure at the moment.

However, the same supplier can get me the recommended 0258007057 (aka 17014) sensor for an additional $10 - around £5 on the final price.

So, the options for sensors will be:

1. Bosch 0258007057 - the recommended one with the 'correct' plug - £35

2. Bosch P/N 0258007206 which may well work, but I can't get plug for, so you'd have to use terminals - £30

Still waiting to hear from Alan (JAW creator), which is what is holding the buy up at the moment.

Cheers, Chris

ecosse

posted on 21/5/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
When do you need to know by?

(ie i want to say yes i just need to have that debate with myself that says "do you really want this?"

I had the same debate, it took about 1 minute to resolve though

And I'm fine with the extra £5 Chris, no worries at all

Cheers

Alex

adithorp

posted on 21/5/08 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Put me down for option 4.

Would be good if the display could be surface mounted.

Made a couple of phone calls today and the best I could get a sensor for would be £60 from one of my usual suppliers without doing a lot of searching.

adrian

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.