Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New carbon goodies - Carbonman is a god
gtr_garner

posted on 16/12/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
New carbon goodies - Carbonman is a god

So today in my hungover state i met Carbonman (Warren) the owner of Carbon Copies Ltd (www.carboncopiesltd.co.uk),

He drove across half the country (quite literally) to bring these bits down to me and i was blown away by what he brought.

We are testing his new wing which in my opinion is 100 times better than the ripspeed esque dual wing that was on there before. The quality of the wing is top notch, he even made me some custom stands to suit my strange bodywork!

All of the wing angle is adjustable but with the added bonus of the wingtips being adjustable seperate to the main wing. This works well in my setup due to the large engine cowling and intake disturbing the airflow (and it looks good to boot).

He also took a mould of my old vents in the car and remade them in super lightweigh carbon (about 30g a vent which is a huge improvement over the previous FG ones that were there) I will get better pics of these once i have installed them properly - are just sitting there at the moment.

Overall i am hugely impressed with the quality of Warren's work, his passion for it shows through in his bits that he makes!
He also has good taste in his company colours

I dont think i have met someone who will go to the extents for a customer like Warren has and no doubt i will be getting more bits from him in the future. Would definitely recommend getting hold of him for any carbon bits!

www.carboncopiesltd.co.uk
07854 227 169
Carbonman on here.

INDY BIRD

posted on 16/12/12 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Ooooohh that's tasty I love that, looks

Was it exspensive the wing?

sean

gtr_garner

posted on 16/12/12 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
if you give him a shout matey he will be able to give you the best indications on price
jonabonospen

posted on 16/12/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
That all looks really good. Just had a look on the website........er....... guess its quite new

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
gtr_garner

posted on 16/12/12 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Lol yeah he has only had his own company a few months but has been in the business 20 years or so.
Hasn't had the time to spend on the website yet.

No doubt will be addressed in due course!

Carbonman

posted on 16/12/12 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thank's Chris. Not sure about the god bit !!!!!!!

Sorry about the website, it's a "work in progress" shall we say

Oh, and of course I will be registering as a Trader.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Dusty

posted on 16/12/12 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Sweet!
Next purchase some nicely profiled Naca ducts to replace those on the rear 'mudguards'?

maccmike

posted on 16/12/12 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
looks stunning
Benzine

posted on 16/12/12 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great the only thing I'd change is the use of comic sans
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonabonospen

posted on 17/12/12 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gtr_garner
Lol yeah he has only had his own company a few months but has been in the business 20 years or so.
Hasn't had the time to spend on the website yet.

No doubt will be addressed in due course!

No need to apologise at all, it was a tongue in cheek comment

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

roadrunner

posted on 17/12/12 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Looking very
gtr_garner

posted on 17/12/12 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
Sweet!
Next purchase some nicely profiled Naca ducts to replace those on the rear 'mudguards'?

Ha they are the ones that carbonman has made me, I just haven't secured them down yet.
They are just sitting in the cutouts
They fit perfectly and I have some different style front vents also.
Will get better pics of them once I have fixed them on

Dusty

posted on 17/12/12 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Ah! I should have guessed.
blakep82

posted on 17/12/12 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
Ah! I should have guessed.

no guessing needed, just reading

quote:
Originally posted by gtr_garner

He also took a mould of my old vents in the car and remade them in super lightweigh carbon (about 30g a vent which is a huge improvement over the previous FG ones that were there) I will get better pics of these once i have installed them properly - are just sitting there at the moment.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

fullpint

posted on 17/12/12 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Looks awesome. Looks very well made and designed to do the job.. Must go check out the web site to see what else is on offer..
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Carbonman

posted on 18/12/12 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Would just like to thank everyone for their comments and I know Carbon is not everyone's cup of tea but I love the stuff.
When things slow down a bit I will update the website but for the moment I am too busy working on a Zonda so the website will have to wait.

Regards Warren

sylva_phoenix

posted on 20/12/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I find it funny that you say you are too busy working on composites for one of the worlds most exotic cars, yet in the side bar it describes you as a "junior builder". Isn't the internet cruel?

Seriously though I'm impressed with the work shown here. I've tried wet lay up and it really is an art that I certainly haven't mastered!

Carbonman

posted on 20/12/12 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Very true lol.
I run training courses if you fancy honing your skills

sylva_phoenix

posted on 21/12/12 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
That's something I would like to do. Unfortunately I have too many other commitments at present, but when the car is sorted and all the other projects are out of the way, then I'll be in touch. Would it be a 1 day course, or do you run them over a week?
Carbonman

posted on 21/12/12 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote
The course can be based on your requirements/experience. I can do a one day wet lay session or a full 4/5 day course including Plug design/manufacture- Mould Making- Advanced Resin Infusion- Trimming and Finishing.

Regards Warren

sylva_phoenix

posted on 21/12/12 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
A one day course is something I'd realistically have time for. I'll be in touch in the new year.

Regards
Laurence

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.