Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flatshifters
doobrychat

posted on 26/12/13 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Flatshifters

hi all...

after a flatshifter for my gsxr 1000 bec..

other than flatshifter who else offers a push button up and down gear change.. Its a k2 engine so Mk's one wont work...

thanks in advance..

daniel mason

posted on 26/12/13 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
think ive got one im not using. pm me if interested

PAUL FISHER

posted on 26/12/13 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I was told by Chris Mason, Pingel shifters are the one of the best for a full push button up and down shift, he had one fitted to his car, a 2007 R1 Sprint R, and he also fitted them to other Sprint R single seaters for Roadrunner racing.
I had the flatshifter fitted to my Indy R zx10r/turbo, it was great for up shifts, and made a big difference, but it struggled to keep up with rapid down shifts, and was not push button

Other options dynojet, and translogic.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

doobrychat

posted on 26/12/13 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Dynojet..didn't know they did a push button solenoid..

Thanks guys..

grazo

posted on 27/12/13 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Latest letter from bike engined race car customer( Spire sports cars) rec about 6 weeks ago using Flatshifter paddle operated gearshift and Flatshifter Expert clutchless up & down quickshifter system .
3 on board videos below

Hi Graham

Just a couple of things,

Firstly i would like to say thanks for making such a brilliant product!! The Flatshifter Expert , Max and paddle system truly are wonderful piece`s of equipment and makes driving the car an even better experience.

This year has been a pretty special year for us, I won the class and overall Bikesports Championship, lead apart of every race and won 4 outright. In a championship that has been dominated pretty well by Radical in the last few years, this was our first year in Bikesports and we entered in the class with the least Horse Power. we estimate our 1000cc honda Fireblade is around

60HP down on the big 1500cc Radical SR3 but we still managed to beat them on the road.
To top off our year we entered a team in the 750mc Birkett 6hr race. We lead the race on and off for 5 hrs until one of our cars was involved in an accident which put us over a minute behind the leading Radical team for my last 30min stint. I passed the leading Radical on the last lap to win the race outright. Unfortunately one of our other drivers incurred a 30sec

penalty for speeding in the pit lane which was added to our time which resulted in us being classified 2nd. (but we won really).

We also carried on our winning streak in the 750mc RGB championship with Matt Higginson winning the championship. The Spire's are now unbeaten in 28 races in RGB with wins going to Tim (2012) and Matt Higginson, Alistair Boulton and John Cutmore all winning this year.
To top off our year of winning, both cars have been awarded the Best Prepared Car award in each championship.
We are currently well under way in our 2014 development and we are building a new car for Bikesports, it has become very apparent that we don't really need a clutch pedal with your flatshifter system so we are going to build the new car with 2 pedals

Here are a few links to some videos of the car with your super systems working!
Mallory Park in 43s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7Jc27929g
Cadwell Park http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eFj--ozrtE
Snetterton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKHMWoPiIno

If you have anymore info on the clutch system id really appreciate it and maybe we can have a chat.
Kind Regards
Tim Gray (spire sports cars)

3 on board videos below

daniel mason

posted on 27/12/13 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
they look fantastic and the spire did very well last season. looks an excellent car. from looking at the championship final standings it seems lewis plato only entered around 5 races in the sr3 and took 16 points in all but 1 race where he took 15 and jp ivey in the pr6 quite similar.
the spires have made great strides in the 750mc and tim gray must be one of,if not the best driver on the bikesports grid.he looks mighty impressive!

Chet

posted on 28/12/13 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I looked at the Pingel and then bought a Flatshifter.
Graham at Flatshifter is very knowledgeable and provides great service.

Chet
Hayabusa J15

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sam919

posted on 30/12/13 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Try a google search for xoomspeed ,these guys are the daddies for pneumatic closed loop systems. You can get a system set-up for virtually the same costs as an electronic/ timed gear change system,there system can also have a downshift based on engine revs so you don't buzz the engine when going down the box as it won't allow you to. They can supply all the parts and solenoids, there worth a call.

http://www.xoomspeed.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.