Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa Starter Relay
Rob55

posted on 27/12/18 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa Starter Relay

Trying to wire a busa at the moment, using an MBE / SBD loom but am confused about the starter relay as it isn’t part of that loom. I know the two big ring terminals go to the starter motor / battery cut off switch, but can anyone tell me what the four small pins go to?
rusty nuts

posted on 28/12/18 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Relays are normally used to reduce the amperage going through the switch , in your case the ignition or starter switch . Terminal 30 is battery positive 87 or 87a is switched live which would go to the starter solonoid 85 would be the switched feed and 86 would be earth . Don't think it matters too much which way 85 and 86 are wired , the relay will still work
CosKev3

posted on 28/12/18 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob55
Trying to wire a busa at the moment, using an MBE / SBD loom but am confused about the starter relay as it isn’t part of that loom. I know the two big ring terminals go to the starter motor / battery cut off switch, but can anyone tell me what the four small pins go to?

When I went aftermarket ECU on my R1 I used a LandRover solenoid,so getting rid of all the original Yamaha wiring and relay.

minitici

posted on 29/12/18 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I know the two big ring terminals go to the starter motor / battery cut off switch, but can anyone tell me what the four small pins go to?

Are you referring to an FIA battery Master Switch?
If so the four smaller terminals are a normally open and a normally closed pair of switches.

These are designed for one set to cut the ignition power to the coils to kill the engine.
The other pair are for attaching a 33 Ohm high power resistor to dump the residual power to ground from the alternator when the master switch is turned off.

You don't necessarily need to make these connections but they are there to ensure that the engine does not run on after the battery has been isolated and to stop you frying the alternator's diode pack.

CosKev3

posted on 29/12/18 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by minitici
quote:
I know the two big ring terminals go to the starter motor / battery cut off switch, but can anyone tell me what the four small pins go to?

Are you referring to an FIA battery Master Switch?
If so the four smaller terminals are a normally open and a normally closed pair of switches.

These are designed for one set to cut the ignition power to the coils to kill the engine.
The other pair are for attaching a 33 Ohm high power resistor to dump the residual power to ground from the alternator when the master switch is turned off.

You don't necessarily need to make these connections but they are there to ensure that the engine does not run on after the battery has been isolated and to stop you frying the alternator's diode pack.

I don't think so,it states 'hayabusa starter relay ' which is one of these;

https://www.mymotoparts.co.uk/p/suzuki-gsx-1300-r-hayabusa-2nd-gen-uk-2008-2014-starter-relay-each/?CAWELAID=120193280000050788&gclid=Cj0KCQiA05zh BRCMARIsACKDWjcbktIQbPGmmTnVCEdxS_BdkqUYxSypbragEXwlIsMykCSFGyGoDswaArNcEALw_wcB

[Edited on 29/12/18 by CosKev3]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.