Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FIREBLADE OIL AND FILTER
cashy

posted on 16/7/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
FIREBLADE OIL AND FILTER

Hi all,

Fancy doing an oil and filter change on my blade engine, cannot remember what oils i used to use previously. Car will be used on track and on road. Need something that doesnt break down at hight temps.

Anyone use ESTER based oils?

I recall a place i used to mail order stuff from, LINGS i think or does anyone recomend any other places, opie oils for example.

Supplier of COBRA seats at discounted rates.

email evolution_uk@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
the_fbi

posted on 16/7/08 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I get all my oil from Opie.

Excellent service, the guys know their stuff and you can now get the filters etc at the same time. That said, I bought a K&N for my blade not a cheap OEM one.

I'm sure there was an email last weekend about free delivery but don't remember the details

I know when I first "registered" with them a discount was applied to the account as a Migweb forum member, so worth sending Guy/Simon an email to see if they'll do a similar thing as you're a lcb member.

I've only ever done a couple of startups on my blade and can't remember what oil I've used

Andy Bates for advice on oil would be the other place to go. No idea if he sells it though or how he'd compare.

moochofun

posted on 17/7/08 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
I have used Millers Oils for years now, both in bike racing and in my Megablade so would reccomend them. They also provide one of the few engine oilsdesigned for a bikes wet clutch that has some extra additives in to help stop clutch slip with their fully synthetic. ZFS is the oil I use - never had any oil related engine problems since.......

HTH

cashy

posted on 17/7/08 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
thanks all

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
cashy

posted on 28/8/08 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
been told to keep away from fully synthetic as it causes clutch slip, is this the case?

Jubal

posted on 28/8/08 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
No, but it must be bike specific. I'll probably be shot down in flames but when I had a 98 blade I figured I'd use the type of oil that was around when the bike was developed. So I used semi-synth. Castrol GPS to be precise. It's always in stock at Halfrauds or wherever and in more than two years of hard track day abuse it never let me down. I changed it regularly of course.
cashy

posted on 28/8/08 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
OPIE

are reccomending a esther based fully synthetic race oil specially for bikes.

Silkolene

Anyone else use it?
For the blade a good 10w-40 synthetic, if you are still running the ike gearbox then go for a bike specific oil.

I would have a look at the Silkolene Comp 4 10w-40 http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-785-silkolene-comp-4-10w-40-synthetic-ester-based-4-stroke-engine-oil-for-high-performance-motorcycles.aspx

carpmart

posted on 29/8/08 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cashy
OPIE

are reccomending a esther based fully synthetic race oil specially for bikes.

Silkolene

Anyone else use it?
For the blade a good 10w-40 synthetic, if you are still running the ike gearbox then go for a bike specific oil.

I would have a look at the Silkolene Comp 4 10w-40 http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-785-silkolene-comp-4-10w-40-synthetic-ester-based-4-stroke-engine-oil-for-high-performance-motorcycles.aspx

This is the oil I use in my fireblade engine in my Drakart. All good!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.