Board logo

Luego owners club.
Paul (Notts) - 8/5/08 at 05:27 PM

Had a spare 5 mins so was thinking of a little banner to go across the bottom of our posts ..

Something like this one.

Any ideas on improving it or should I just forget it ?

Paul

piddy - 8/5/08 at 05:35 PM

looks good paul.
Maybe a diferent colour for the text.

Dave J - 8/5/08 at 05:55 PM

Great idea,looks very good. I notice one or two of the Vientos have rain covers over the cockpit (guilty as charged I'm afraid, mine has). Any pics minus the covers?

Cheers

Dave

Paul (Notts) - 8/5/08 at 06:35 PM

Not got many pics. Hopefully I will get some good ones at Newark with lots of cars and bright sun

Paul

ps what happend to the luego banners we had last year at newark?

jollygreengiant - 8/5/08 at 06:35 PM

Great idea, its a shame we can't use one involving the gazebo being moved.

Ive got one but its got a couple of herberts walking across in front.

[Edited on 8/5/08 by jollygreengiant]

Danozeman - 8/5/08 at 06:47 PM

How would one go about joining the luego owners club or do u just rock up at a show?

jollygreengiant - 8/5/08 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
How would one go about joining the luego owners club or do u just rock up at a show?

Well Dan, we do have some REALLY strict criteria for joining the Luego Owners Club.
Rule 1 (but in no particular order and not even in the least bit binding)
Firstly you must either own a Luego or be building a Luego, or be building a car that utilises some Luego parts. Then again you might be considering buying a Luego. Just dreaming about a Luego does not count.

Rule 2
The cost of Joining the Luego Club is ..........
Nothing. However contributions at shows would be appreciated for the communal drinking and barbeque effort in the evenings at the car shows that we may or may not attend. Also you should have a healthy morning appetite for the morning after as fried breakfasts of Sausage, egg, bacon, mushrooms, beans etc seem to be almost mandatory in a communal encampment.

Rule 1985
A good sense of humour is also mandatory in within the club.

Rule 7
If you are thinking about joining the Luego Owners Club then its probably too late and you will find that unwittingly you already have.

Rule 9
All communication will be through this site, word of mouth, telepathy, telephone, or any other means that may or may not be deemed suitable at the time.

Rule 13
All other rules might or might not get made up as we go along.

I hope the above reply sort of clarifies things for you.

Oh and

Rule 21
If I take a photo of your car and place it in the archive that I have in the Photo Archive section, I reserve the right to name it, or you can name it if you want.

mark-wiring - 8/5/08 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Not got many pics. Hopefully I will get some good ones at Newark with lots of cars and bright sun

Paul

ps what happend to the luego banners we had last year at newark?

I had them made in a rush last year they lasted about 6 months before they were useless. They were only designed to last the weekend.

I can look into getting some more made as have 2 local company's that make them just need to find the posts from last year with the design's in them.

rusty nuts - 8/5/08 at 08:55 PM

Just one problem with the logo Paul , some of the text is covering the part of the picture with my car in it. But then again I realise you may all be jealous as mine is the one getting all of the attention. Mel

NeilP - 8/5/08 at 10:54 PM

My car has its top off and you can see her bits

EDIT: The post with the banner is here http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=66916 - think JGG had the high res?...

[Edited on 8/5/2008 by NeilP]

mark-wiring - 9/5/08 at 11:23 AM

Well if someone can bung me over the Hi Res version again ill get it sorted out. focusv8@sky.com

Although i will be late getting to newark this year as i have to be at work on the saturday morning i will be arriving later that day but John will arrive on the friday night or early saturday morning i hope.

Neil she looks good showing its bits off lol

[Edited on 9/5/08 by mark-wiring]

jollygreengiant - 9/5/08 at 11:48 AM

Nope, not got a high res anywhere on my 'puter. I thought that Mark was sent the high res 'cos it was mark that got the last ones done.?????

mark-wiring - 9/5/08 at 11:52 AM

Mark did have the hires till his puter died

NeilP - 9/5/08 at 06:22 PM

Mark,

Found something - Not sure it's hi enough res but a jpg version to your email, Chief.

wilkingj - 9/5/08 at 06:25 PM

I dont agree with this...My Cars not in the piccy... Bhwarrrrr!!!!

mark-wiring - 9/5/08 at 06:41 PM

Yep got that neil ta will forward that on and see if its big enough for them to use

rusty nuts - 9/5/08 at 07:34 PM

Think thats because it was taken sunday?

Paul (Notts) - 9/5/08 at 09:08 PM

That pics just me playing with some new software.

If I can get some good pics and ideas I will spend a little time and produce a good banner.

the next pic will have your car in it geoff

[Edited on 9/5/08 by Paul (Notts)]

NeilP - 9/5/08 at 09:17 PM

Paul,

JGG's photo archive has most of our cars from Newark and Stoneleigh last year so maybe a collage with your software of these and the cars landed on the road since?...

I have some clever stuff on mine but not the braincells to drive it

Cheers, Neil.

p.s. But I do really like the style of picture you've done - We could try for a great team line up shot at Newark as long as the sun is shining and we can keep JGG and the rest of Newark off John and Mark's Viper

mark-wiring - 10/5/08 at 01:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Paul,

JGG's photo archive has most of our cars from Newark and Stoneleigh last year so maybe a collage with your software of these and the cars landed on the road since?...

I have some clever stuff on mine but not the braincells to drive it

Cheers, Neil.

p.s. But I do really like the style of picture you've done - We could try for a great team line up shot at Newark as long as the sun is shining and we can keep JGG and the rest of Newark off John and Mark's Viper

I can't stop laughing lol

rusty nuts - 14/5/08 at 08:09 PM

Any luck with the banner? if not I've just seen an ad at the top of the locostbuilders page for flags and banners . The ad changed before I had the chance to get any details

Steve Lovelock - 25/5/08 at 12:13 PM

For my insurance I need to quote a club number, does anybody object to me having 101?

jollygreengiant - 25/5/08 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lovelock
For my insurance I need to quote a club number, does anybody object to me having 101?

Seems like a pretty good binary reference number. I'll bag (10101 no just worked that one out [13] so I'll change that to) 10111.

Just for a larf I think we all ought to have unique binary reference numbers.

[Edited on 25/5/08 by jollygreengiant]

rusty nuts - 25/5/08 at 09:15 PM

Don't do that, it will only confuse the muppets at my insurance brokers even more than they get now!

chris_smith - 17/7/08 at 06:53 PM

ok i think my club membership number should be 11011 does anyone object?

chris

Paul (Notts) - 21/7/08 at 07:09 PM

Have had a few problems with the banner due to not having a high res version of the luego logo. Should get it sorted in the next few days . Will look something like this..8 by 2 foot.

jollygreengiant - 21/7/08 at 07:37 PM

Paul, that looks superb, knowing you it will look better in reality.

Cheers
Clive.

motivation cars - 22/7/08 at 10:36 AM

can i join the luego owners club

saigonij - 22/7/08 at 11:19 AM

Id like to be a member please.

and id like my membership number to be 0707 if thats ok with everyone on here?

jollygreengiant - 22/7/08 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saigonij
Id like to be a member please.

and id like my membership number to be 0707 if thats ok with everyone on here?

Tooooo late Saigonij, you already are a member, but I have nooooooo problems with the number.

saigonij - 22/7/08 at 06:30 PM

YEA!!!!!!!!

Paul (Notts) - 6/8/08 at 07:08 PM

Apologies …

Been on holiday for two weeks and as a result I missed a phone call about the banner.. The result is that it will be ready for next week…not in time for this show.

The good news is I have spoken to Ben at Luego and He is willing to let us have a copy of the hi res logo for the banner.

Paul

jollygreengiant - 6/8/08 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Apologies …

Been on holiday for two weeks and as a result I missed a phone call about the banner.. The result is that it will be ready for next week…not in time for this show.

The good news is I have spoken to Ben at Luego and He is willing to let us have a copy of the hi res logo for the banner.

Paul

No appologies required Paul, we know you have had a busy and hectic year and you earned and were deserved a holiday. I look forward to seeing you again at the show.

Clive.

Nick Davison - 2/5/09 at 02:13 PM

As I appear to be a member may I take this opportunity to welcome myself into the club with a membership number of 007 if that hasn't already gone! (not being pretentious at all, much!)

News - today I have a tax disk (and it matches the registration!

Is there a Luego turnout at Stoneleigh on Monday?
Nick

rustyk - 28/5/09 at 08:50 AM

Hi All,

Good thread :-)
Assuming there are no objections, I'd like to award myself membership number 127
Thanks!
Russ.

ryanagray2003 - 23/7/15 at 06:37 PM

HI,

Iv got a luego velocity bought it complete just over a year ago and would like to find the original builder.

Its chassy number suggests it was made in 2007, and first registered on 1/1/2008 its Red with a 1.8 zetec engine with 5 speed box.

Im just after some build info and general history of the car if anyone can help please.

REG No Q147VDA

Cheers