Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oh O.
jollygreengiant

posted on 23/1/16 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Oh O.

I might have sold my car, (sound of sobbing heard where ever you are) but I've not gone. I'm still lurking.

[Edited on 23/1/16 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

SteveWallace

posted on 23/1/16 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Sad day, I cannot imagine selling mine yet. It was you that convinced me to go for a Viento in the first place when you gave me a ride in yours at Newark. Happy to return the favour and take you for a spin if your going to be a Stoneleigh this year.

I hope that you told the buyer that it was a condition of sale that they join the owners club and attend Stoneleigh.

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/1/16 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
Sad day, I cannot imagine selling mine yet. It was you that convinced me to go for a Viento in the first place when you gave me a ride in yours at Newark. Happy to return the favour and take you for a spin if your going to be a Stoneleigh this year.

I hope that you told the buyer that it was a condition of sale that they join the owners club and attend Stoneleigh.

They already asked If I was going to Stoneleigh this year. He is already on this sight as B33fy. The trouble is when option are very strictly limited then, ........

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

kenton

posted on 23/1/16 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Its sad to see it go but Its gone to a good home.
I know Mike through SKCC so It will be seen out and about .
Kenton

steve m

posted on 23/1/16 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
I also know Mike through Skcc, and will no doubt see him on a regular basis

So thanks ! as i don't even like him

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/1/16 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
My MILFH (mother-in-law from hell) lives down there, so hopefully it will terrorise her down there.

steve m

posted on 23/1/16 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
you will have to let us know EXACTLY were she lives, as we like wakeing people up at 0600 on a nice sunny sunday morning
My specialality is setting car alarms off,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

B33fy

posted on 29/1/16 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I also know Mike through Skcc, and will no doubt see him on a regular basis

So thanks ! as i don't even like him

steve

Yer fooker

Thanks for the mention Clive, hope this finds you well. Be nice to swing by Stoneleigh and say hello to all, haven't been for a while, so hopefully make it a date.

Mike

[Edited on 29/1/16 by B33fy]

B33fy

posted on 17/3/16 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Been doing a little work on Clive's old car, it's progressing well, another couple of days should see it running. A couple of images below.

Hoping that any teething problems will be ironed out for a trip to Stoneleigh. Looks like there'll be a few from the SKCC coming along on the Sunday, if the Luego posse' are about I'll swing by the stand and say a hello, maybe accompanied by Kenton also??.

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/3/16 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good.

Irony

posted on 21/3/16 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Those rockers are nice. Is Viento V8 etched in? How did you do it?
B33fy

posted on 23/3/16 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Those rockers are nice. Is Viento V8 etched in? How did you do it?

They are cast with the name in situ, the company can put any name you like 14 characters max I believe. As much as they look great, it was a real headache getting them, the guy was very unreliable and had to keep chasing, took 2 months in all. (JR castings).

nick205

posted on 23/3/16 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
I sold my MK Indy a few years ago - sad to see it go, but happy to have the cash and an empty garage. Oldest son was devastated when the new owner drove it away - he asked several times when the guy was going to bring it back. Selling cars is never easy, but be glad it's gone to what looks to be a caring owner and use the money for something else (or another car).

B33fy

posted on 8/5/16 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
A bit of snagging to sort, though managed to take the car for a quick spin saturday, overall a success though bit of s bone shaker. Lol. Clive just wondering if you can recall what the spring rates are?

Short film clip from a dash am..

https://flic.kr/p/GTtwLW

jollygreengiant

posted on 10/5/16 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B33fy
A bit of snagging to sort, though managed to take the car for a quick spin saturday, overall a success though bit of s bone shaker. Lol. Clive just wondering if you can recall what the spring rates are?

Short film clip from a dash am..

https://flic.kr/p/GTtwLW

Not of the top of my head. They were standard Luego supplied for the the standard build. I did get an extra pair of springs at one of the shows with a view to changing them at the rear (IIRC) but again never got round to it ( I think I passed those onto you, i.e. I haven't found them here) I did set the dampers a bit on the firm side as that was my preference for a stiffer rather than bouncy ride (oooh er missus' ). I never did likea car that rolls around a lot.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.