Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velocity header tank
Streetfighterpete

posted on 8/5/16 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Velocity header tank

OK guys, stupid question time. I'm running a blacktop Zetec and am replacing the standard Ford header tank with an alloy item. My question is - do I need a pressure cap and vent pipe? The plastic tank just has a lower and upper hose connection and a filler cap (which might be pressure rated, but there is no separate vent pipe. I do have a standard rad cap on the radiator. Sorry if I'm appearing a bit thick!

Cheers

Pete

Bluemoon

posted on 9/5/16 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
You just need a preasure cap so long as the tanks volume is approximately the same or larger than the original. Not so keen on tanks that you can't see the coolant level but many like the look... Not sure of the preasure of the standard zetec systems but you should stick to the same preasure rating on the new cap.

dan

[Edited on 9/5/16 by Bluemoon]

Streetfighterpete

posted on 10/5/16 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan, thanks for the info. I've actually got someone who is making up an alloy spigot so that I can use the original cap. I'm also building a sight glass into the tank so that I can still see the coolant level.

Cheers

Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.