Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Costing worries
Browser

posted on 27/11/03 at 02:57 AM Reply With Quote
Costing worries

I decided a while ago I was going to build a Velocity Xt after having both visited the factory and the Luego stand at Donnington. I have since then had some doubts as to the value for money aspect after looking at MK's website so last night I decided to to a cost comparison between the two. I was pleased to see that, while the Velocity came out more expensive, it wasn't by much and havign viewed both kits, my opinion is that teh Luego just edges out the MK in terms of chassis strength. THe major plus points in favour of the Luego are that they are on my doorstep and that the Velocity Xt has the full width rear end (less hassle) and a tall bonnet which I will need to fit my tall engine under. Would anybody else care to share their reasons for selecting a Luego?

Simon

posted on 28/11/03 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Browser,

I've only bought wishbones/tube etc from Luego, and been to their old premises a couple of times.

On both occassions I've been very happy with the service I've received, and if I had 15 grand to spend, they'd be building me a Viento with a big V8 in it!!

ATB

Simon

Gazza

posted on 9/12/03 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I went for the Velocity over the Tiger Avon and MK based on...

1. What I'd read on this forum.
2. Quality of the parts and advice from Luego.
3. The look of the Velocity.
4. The Luego Team!

I'm sure cost did enter into the thinking at some point but to be honest - the kit component costs can be far outweighed by the stuff you buy to build the kit with.

I didn't go down the donor car route and I've been buying as much stuff new or already reconditioned (kit fit @ Newark) - saves the hassle but ups the price.

I wanted to build my Velocity to be (almost) a brand new car - so far this has increased the cost substantially - but its meant the car is built with top quality parts!

Must say - This is my first escapade into Kit Cars and so far - its going well and I'm really pleased with the Velocity.

Just a bag o' rusty spanners

Luego Sports Cars

posted on 10/12/03 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Cheers Gazza, we are sure you have made the correct decision.

Would you mind if we use this on our web site?

Regards The Luego Team.

[Edited on 10/12/03 by Luego Sports Cars]

Findlay234

posted on 10/12/03 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
I Bought my kit just as the velocity came out almost a year ago. Before the xt was produced, ive only spent £3000 on it and reckon another £1000 before its on the road. Its is more expensive than the mk but you do get what you pay for, i know a few mk owners who even agree with that.
Gazza

posted on 10/12/03 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
More than welcome for you to use the comment on the web site..... ta.

Just a bag o' rusty spanners

Luego Sports Cars

posted on 11/12/03 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers

DEAN C.

posted on 14/12/03 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
I think a few things should be pointed out about the MK INDY.
The Indy also is full width(always has been)
Indy is designed to take the pinto(1" taller chassis)than book.
Stronger chassis? I havn't looked at the luego properly but I would have thought that they would be similar.
I think there is little to choose between the two companies,both have a good name for helping customers and quality of the products seems fine.
I am building an Indy and I cannot fault it but now the velocity has a full width rear I think that there is little to choose.
Remember! Both supplied Ron Champion with chassis frames(MK first)!
I'd say pick the nearest!
DEAN.........

ChrisW

posted on 14/12/03 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
They are both very good cars but I think the Luego just edges ahead with regard to the final finish. My personal opinion was it was worth the few quid extra but if you just want a car for minimum outlay there is little to fault the MK on.

Of course, I went for the Viento anyway which is another kettle of fish!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.