Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal boxes
Northy

posted on 3/1/04 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal boxes

Whats the difference between the Gold pedal box and the normal one?

Which is the best? What are peoples opinions of them?

I'm looking to buy some next week.

Cheers

[Edited on 3/1/04 by Northy]

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GO

posted on 3/1/04 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
I think the difference is that the gold pedal box comes as a complete package (master cylinders, bias bar, double remote reservoir) whereas the standard one is just the box itself and pedals (maybe the bias bar too).
wicket

posted on 3/1/04 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
No bias bar with the standard.
Northy

posted on 3/1/04 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys.

Has anyone got any pictures?

Is it worth getting the balance bar and master cylinders from somewhere else? Will it be cheaper?

Cheers

[Edited on 3/1/04 by Northy]

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 3/1/04 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal boxes

hi, down load build manual from luego's website covers pedal box pretty well . rusty
Northy

posted on 4/1/04 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys.

If you buy the standard pedalbox, does the brake pedal come undrilled? Is it possible to fit a bias bar to a standard pedal box? Has anyone got any pictures of the standard box so I can compare and decide which one I want?

Also, I like the look of the remote fluid reservoir, what car does that come from?

Cheers

Graham

wicket

posted on 4/1/04 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
The standard pedal box set comes un-painted. It includes the brake, clutch and accelerator pedal and a separate accelarator pedal bracket; pivot pins, nylon bushes and split pins. The pedal box and all pedals are drilled ready for assembly except the clutch cable connection point which needs adding. The brake pedal is pre-drilled to accept the bias bar tube that needs to be welded in place, this tube comes with the bias bar.

If I did it again I would buy the gold set from Luego, it would be cheaper in the long run and I think it comes painted. Current Luego price £192.50 +vat; overall I have spent just over £200 +vat and have had to weld the bias bar tube and paint it all.

The only other drilling that is needed are the pedal box to floor pan fastener holes.

Eric

Northy

posted on 4/1/04 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Eric,

Its just the master cylinders and bias bar are available from Rally Design quite a bit cheaper thats all. Just need to find a suitable brake fluid reservoir.

How easy is it to weld the bias bar tube into the brake pedal? I guess this has to be welded in dead straight.

Thanks again,

Graham

wicket

posted on 4/1/04 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Graham

The bias bar from Luego is made by them so I don't know whether others will be OK, give Grant a ring and ask.

I made a jig to assembly the bias bar tube to the pedal (see pics in the photo archive, B_Pedal_Jig_3a shows it best) a friend welded it up for me. There are also some pics of the pedal box in the chassis.

Cheers

Eric

Northy

posted on 4/1/04 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again Eric

Some good pictures there. Does the spring on the clutch cable idea work? I was a little dubious that it would. Are any stops required for the clutch and brake pedals?

Cheers

Graham

wicket

posted on 4/1/04 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Graham

The spring keeps everthing tight apparently, not tried it in anger yet no clutch on the other end !!

Again, don't know about stops yet for the same reason, will let you.

Eric

ChrisW

posted on 5/1/04 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
I bought the Luego pedal box with the bias bar and tried to source the master cylinders separatly. I hindsight I should have just bought the whole lot from Luego. I ended up going back to them for the reservoir anyway as I could not find any and only saved a couple of quid on the cylinders from Europa - not really worth the hassle.

One thing I would suggest is that you consider cylinders with integrated reservoirs. I ruled it out due to problems with the fluid level caps and the hassle of having to check two each time but I'm not completely happy about the remote reservoir as the pipes that join the whole lot up are very rigid so it all feels a little forced.

As for clutch stops - Conrod knocked something up out of a bolt to stop the clutch pedal falling forwards. I'll investigate what he did if he doesn't come on here and tell you about it himself

Chris

My gaff my rules

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.