Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego outing 2009
jollygreengiant

posted on 29/11/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Luego outing 2009

Ok lads I've been doing some rudimentary analysis from Snuggs posting on Luego numbers and the locations (ish, as some locations were a bit too vague). So here goes.

At present we seem to have a total of 69 Luego's either on the road or being built. Of these there appear to be 32 that are on the road. For the purposes of this post I have un-fortunately dropped 2 from the list to be included for a road trip due to their locations ( 1 in Canada, hello Arthur I think it would be just a bit too far for you to travel, and tks in europe who again might find travel costs prohibitive.)

Judging by the spread of owners/drivers I would think that somewhere like Wrexham/Shrewsbury/Bridgenorth area would give every one the best chance of coming together for a few days.

So what do you all think and when would you ALL be able make it. Personally I would suggest trying for a long weekend, but lets have some suggestions or alternatives please lads.

And here a pic of the locations.
luego locations
luego locations

Oh and as for the numbers

19 Viento (built/being built)
38 Velocity (built/being built)
12 Locost (built/being built)
3 people thinking about it (let us know if you did or didn't and why if possible.)

So with 33 vehicles on the road and more to follow soon we should be able to put on some really good shows and meetings this coming year. SO keep your diary's open for when the shows are on in 2009 and lets have some impressive turnouts.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Snuggs

posted on 29/11/08 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me

Did you mean Northwich or Northbridge.

Clive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Paul (Notts)

posted on 29/11/08 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Finding somewhere that suits everyone is very difficult…

I was thinking about the Lincolnshire coast area or the East Anglia coast as this would probably get the biggest turn out.

My vote would be for somewhere in Lincolnshire.
But where ever it is I will be there.

Paul

rusty nuts

posted on 29/11/08 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Depending on the dates I hope to attend . As Paul says the biggest concentration seems to be in the south east of the country but I don't mind a trip . Are we camping ? If so we need to find a decent site somewhere?
Mel

tomgregory2000

posted on 29/11/08 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
when bouts in 2009?
i will be up for it but i just need to get my car finished, i am hoping to get it done by feb/march

jollygreengiant

posted on 29/11/08 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
My thinking was, :-

Somewhere that is accessible to all, but does not exclude people by being an unfairly excessive mileage.

Some where with the possibility of twisty testing roads.

But it would also depend on if those further away down Devon/Cornwall/South coast would be prepared to travel.

I did think lake district, but that area tends to be heaving with people all year round, thereby making good spirited driving on twisty roads a tad awkward.

As I said lets have suggestions as it is not about what i would like but what ALL or the majority of you would like.

Enjoy.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

iceman26

posted on 29/11/08 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
i was thinking of doing isle of man next year in the luego

piddy

posted on 29/11/08 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds a great idea. I'm up for it dependant on the date. I also like the idea of Linconshire.
Paul (Notts)

posted on 29/11/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.visitlincolnshire.com/exec/166662/16068/PROFILE=NDpVS19VS1dFQjEzNjQwMTAwOlVLX1VLV0VCNjgyODY0NzpFTkdMSVNIOkdCOjEyMjc5NzM2ODM6MTIyNzk3MzY4NTo 6Og==,theme_style=el

never been to these places but they sound nice and relaxed.

kelloggs

posted on 29/11/08 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
hi, we are up for it, lincs can be a bit flat, we had thought of going to the peak district and we are going up to north yorkshire sometime, got rusksacks fitted and ready to roll (pics in archve). Long weekend sounds good, though if we are camping better wait till summer, hopefully it will be better than last year!!!
Paul (Notts)

posted on 29/11/08 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Lots of places to camp in the peak district, Great roads and good pubs but you have to pick your routs as it can be very busy in the summer.

Steve Lovelock

posted on 29/11/08 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I can't be the only person living in London with a Luego, there's 6 million people in the place, surely somebody else must have seen sense?

Well I very much like the 'Team Luego' meets at the shows that I have been to so would jump at a chance to have a camping, driving and social event next summer. Could we do it round a track day or some other activity?

Cheers

richard thomas

posted on 29/11/08 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds really good, as mentioned previously the date is important if camping - like the idea of some nice twisty roads if possible....

What about a meet at a sprint/hillclimb event or trackday or summat - could give the motors some stick then...

[Edited on 29/11/08 by richard thomas]

chris_smith

posted on 30/11/08 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
absolutely determined to have mine on the road before iva comes in so make the date after that
oh and dont let it coincide with le mans as i intend to on being their too

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

Scotty

posted on 1/12/08 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
love to say yes, but its a long way, not saying no though

ps if i'm number 6 can u put it another 3mm west

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

richard thomas

posted on 1/12/08 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
What about the 'Practical Performance Car in the Park' event at Mallory in May?

Paul (Notts)

posted on 6/12/08 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Had a think about Lincolnshire and found a few places of interest eg.

http://www.manbymotorplex.com/res_website.asp?supplierCode=MBY100

Could possible get in touch and see if its possible to book the test track for an afternoon session.

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/section.asp?sectiontype=listmixed&catid=9921

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre

http://www.bateman.co.uk/

But the roads and terrain seem very uninspiring.

For roads and terrain ( and very little traffic ) the best place I have been is the area around Reeth in the Yorkshire dales ( tin top ) but its way to far north for most of us.

As A result I am beginning to think Derbyshire may be a good option if we kept to the B roads. Some great scenery and good camp sites.

NeilP

posted on 8/12/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Peak District would get my vote - can't be more central and lots of up and down and left and right bits...

The old A6 (A5004)

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/12/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just had an email from another Luego owner who is interested in joining the run with a couple of photo's attached ( I will try and get them on the site later ). So welcome to back to Mark Hendrikx and here is the body of his email :-
------------------
Hello,
I just read your thread for a Luego meet on Locostbuilders.
Sounds great. I am out in Belgium, running a Velocity with Fiat 2l Turbo engine. I can’t seem to be able to login anymore on locostbuilders, so I would appreciate it very much if you could keep me updated per mail once you have decided on a date, location.
Best regards from Belgium,
Mark
-------------------------

I have suggested a route for Mark to get active on the site again, as well as saying that I would try and keep him informed.

Photo's :-
Mark Hendrikx 1
Mark Hendrikx 1

Mark Hendrikx 2
Mark Hendrikx 2

[Edited on 15/12/08 by jollygreengiant]

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/12/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
That was well timed Clive, thanks for the event dates. It helps (I think) with planning the Luego event (may be).

Autosport International Show January 8-11
Race Retro March 13-15
DETLING SHOW April 12-13
STONELEIGH SHOW May 3-4
NEWARK SHOW June 20-21
Goodwood Festival of Speed July 3-5
PETERBOROUGH Aug 8-9
Goodwood Revival Meeting September 18-20
STAFFORD SHOW September 19-20
EXETER SHOW November 21-22

I was thinking somewhere along these lines for the Luego drive event, what if we combine it with either meeting up prior to and part of the drive to one of the shows, OR, use one of the shows as the meeting point and then travel on from there.
OR, we set the date for another, if that is the case do we go week long or over a long week end.
What are every ones opinions on this and if good which would you all prefer.

[Edited on 15/12/08 by jollygreengiant]

wilkingj

posted on 16/12/08 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent dates. All now logged on my calendar.

I met Mark at a show, nice chap, and glad to see he is making good progress with the car.

If Camping, the weather is going to be the overriding factor. If its weekend camping, shouldnt be a problem.

I really need a trailer for the Viento, so I can put my Army 12x12 tent in, then it wont matter what the weather is. It will stand up to near hurricanes. Also I can garage the car in it, and still have room to sleep comfortably in the tent

Derbyshire sounds good... Relatively central to the UK.
Plenty of campsites, and good twisty roads.
Only downside is it heaves with tourists in the summer.

Lincolnshire / East Midlands is good... Flat long roads, (with 90 degree bends!) and no one goes there

If we booked a campsite as a club, we might get the price down a bit.

EDIT:

Suffolk is a bit far down one corner, but there is a nice little campsite I know of, just outside Southwold (Southwold translates into Adnams Brewery if you speak fluent Suffolkese)

[Edited on 16/12/2008 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul (Notts)

posted on 16/12/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Any time between Sat 18th July and Wed 2nd Sept would be excellent for me as not at work.

Before then it would have to be just the weekend.

Could link it into the PETERBOROUGH show or just choose a date that fits in with everybody.

Most important thing for me is choosing a date so I can add it to the calendar before SWMBO pencils in a summer holiday.

Paul

Snuggs

posted on 16/12/08 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Mid to late July sounds good as it is between Newark and Peterborough shows.

Also Derbyshire or Lincolnshire is about the right distance for me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Paul (Notts)

posted on 17/12/08 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
One possibility is to organise a camp site for Friday and Saturday eg (24th 25th July ).

Turn up Friday evening as it will be still light.

Saturday – go for long drive , stop for dinner and a late tea at a pub on the way back to camp site. Then a few drinks at the camp site or local pub.

Sunday – home.

Camp site could actually be at a pub such as

http://www.peakpub.co.uk/camping

Other ideas and suggestions welcome

Paul

kelloggs

posted on 17/12/08 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
sounds great, lovely driving country and the thought of not having to sleep in a tent is even better! you've got our vote
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.