Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where are all the Luego's?
Irony

posted on 6/7/11 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Where are all the Luego's?

When I bought my car the Luego website said that there were quite a few Viento's and Velocity's on the road. Something like 60 of each. Going to shows and things I reckon I might have spotted 20-30 tops. What happened to the rest? Are they many kitcar owners who just don't go to shows or are they just rotting in garages part finished?

[Edited on 6/7/11 by Irony]

norfolkluego

posted on 6/7/11 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Luego here but never been to a show, so that's one
richwill

posted on 6/7/11 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Mine has been on the road for two years. Only been to Exeter show in it.
wicket

posted on 6/7/11 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Locost here, on the road since June 2006, never been to a show in it.
rusty nuts

posted on 6/7/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ask Clive,(JollyGreenGiant) he probably has the most complete list of Luego owners
andrewc

posted on 8/7/11 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Where are all the Luego's?

I'm building a Velocity. I will get it finished one day.

Andrew from Wigan.

wilkingj

posted on 8/7/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Mines been on the road for 5 years, usually do Stoneleigh and Newark and camp all weekend. Missed Newark in the Viento this year for the first time.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave Bailey

posted on 9/7/11 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
I have a velocity and it is nearly finished....

Dave B

blockhead_rich

posted on 10/7/11 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
OTR with mine but don't seem to get much time to use it let alone taking it to a show

Rich

[Edited on 10/7/11 by blockhead_rich]

rusty nuts

posted on 10/7/11 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
There is a Viento part built on Ebay at the moment that I think will be a bargain for someone.
Matt_C

posted on 20/1/12 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, just to add to the thread me and my mate now each have a Luego Velocity 'project'. Both are being worked on in our warehouse at work. It will be a couple of years until mine is back on the road, just in the process of stripping it all down at the moment.
richard thomas

posted on 20/1/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Been a builder/owner for some years, but work always keeps me away from the shows...last one was stoneleigh about 4 years ago...but hopefully this year things might change.....that said, best intentions as always... It's a nice crowd as I remember....Mel and Clive know a lot of stuf, and are very nice chaps....and a lot of other good chaps (and gals) to.....also Steve Gough just up the road from me who I must go see soon....

Need to re-commission mine for this year, I think I finally have a chance to spend some time on it for a change....main problem being the braided fuel lines which have decided to perish and p*ss fuel everywhere....think I was sold water pipe instead of fuel pipe....lessons learned.....

Rich

[Edited on 20/1/12 by richard thomas]

jollygreengiant

posted on 21/1/12 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Where are they, well thats a good questiion, I keep on trying to encourage people to turn up at the shows, but ...............

The trouble is you can't force people to turn up, sometimes things just conspire against people, (a bit like me attending the local kit car meet with the shift I work I can't have a drink and by the time I get there its time to come away and I do find it quite tiring these days but I will get there again some time.

Any way back to Luego, I don't think the actual numbers have changed that much (due probably to trading condition as discussed at the shows at the evening 'functions' ).

I think that quite a few have become 'stalled' mid build and some have changed hands/owners in that condition. Over all I think that quite a few of us builders are finding things a little 'tight' financially and are adjusting their useage accordingly. We have, unfortunately, been an high volume sold marque and so we have and always will be a bit of a 'special' marque. some vehicle are purely used for racing purposes, some are fair weather only cars and some............... well put in what ever you want. I do think that for those that have built, owned or drive a Luego, then they will always give a little tug to the heart strings.

As for mine, its up on stands, still got to remanufacture the engine mounts and then get the exhaust sorted cos its got to have an MOT this year.

Edit bit

I've just been having a quick scan through the luego section (and others) and if you look at the number of times each posting gets read then we don't seem to be that bad as owners groups go because of the number of readings of each post being somewhere around 1000+ (this is as a generalisation). So either we are a forgetful bunch, or people find what we say useful.

[Edited on 21/1/12 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

wilkingj

posted on 21/1/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Phew!! Just been and checked, an its still there in the garage.
I know where at least one of the Vientos is

Best Regards
Geoff

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul (Notts)

posted on 21/1/12 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Cant find mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But will still be at the shows..

Paul

NeilP

posted on 22/1/12 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
It's the time as well as money that seems to have got tight. Just been out for a blat in mine with my mate in his Westy - first time either of us has been out since the start of December!

We went over to Mallory Park to see where I crashed his at a trackday in 2010 - good job we're very good mates!...

Mallory hairpin
Mallory hairpin

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

billy

posted on 19/2/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Luego

Well mines still tucked up in me garage since 2007! I recon it's got to be one of the first Leuego out there, I brought it off the main man Ron when he started off with a engineering company, that's even before the name Leuego started I even fitted a 5speed quaife box couple years ago and fitted it, but not had the time to get her back on the road

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

wicket

posted on 20/2/12 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Mines currently off the road for the winter. Been on the road since June 2006. The basic kit is one of the first supplied by the original Luego in Ramsey Heights in early 2002.
ryanagray2003

posted on 23/7/15 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
HI,

Iv got a luego velocity bought it complete just over a year ago and would like to find the original builder.

Its chassy number suggests it was made in 2007, and first registered on 1/1/2008 its Red with a 1.8 zetec engine with 5 speed box.

Im just after some build info and general history of the car if anyone can help please.

REG No Q147VDA

Cheers

billy

posted on 24/7/15 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
mines still in the garage gathering dust :-)

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

blockhead_rich

posted on 24/7/15 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Not a good year for me either, and so it's still sorn'd &#128533;
wilkingj

posted on 3/8/15 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is now somewhere in Germany.
After I built it, I had it for 8 years, sold it to a guy in Kent, who had it for two years then sold it to a dealer in Holland, who sold it to a guy in Germany late last year (2104).
Now I have lost track of my old car.

I miss it, but I was only doing 300 miles a year in the last two years I owned it.
Sold it, bought a Sprinter Van.
Joined the SBMCC (Self Build Motor Caravan Club) - A sort of Locostbuilders for Motorhomes!
Converter the Sprinter into a motorhome. Was at Stoneleigh with the Sprinter this year.

Still miss the Viento, but time moves on!

Geoff

Best Regards
Geoff

Bingham

posted on 4/8/15 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Well I bought Steve Lovelock's one 2 years ago and it's been on the road properly for the last 2 months. Now with new Coscast C20XE, 45mm bodies, Swindon cams, Quaife close ratio straight cut, 3.92 diff and big bore exhaust. To France for a track day to run it in last week and it performed faultlessly( much to everyone's surprise).
rusty nuts

posted on 4/8/15 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I wondered what had happened to Steve, we haven't seen him for a while
richard thomas

posted on 15/8/15 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Mine's in Paris somewhere, last I heard......
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.