Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For Nick Drake lovers...
Jasper

posted on 20/6/13 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
For Nick Drake lovers...

Last night on Radio 2's Folk Show an hour of lovely Nick Drake based music and chat as it would have been his 65th birthday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02x94ns

We like many others I suspect had Northern Sky played at our wedding - truly one of the greatest songs of all time.

And on a cheerier note went to see this lot play live last night, one of the most insanely mental gigs I've ever been to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTRRBd96YcE

Tiny stage, about a hundred people dancing like crazy fools, total mayhem, the lead singer spent most of the time dancing in the crowd and handing a spare mic around for people to join in

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 20/6/13 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Really liked that melt yourself down nice feel to it! Will check out more of them, cheers for sharing

Aaron

Work to Live don't Live to Work

Benzine

posted on 20/6/13 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't know this was on so thanks for posting I first listened to him whilst driving across the outback listening to Bryter Layter, what an experience.

I've heard of Northern Sky being played at weddings, great song. At a recent funeral I went to 'Introduction' was played which made me smile.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.