Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa power commander map for Iva
Relph

posted on 3/3/14 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa power commander map for Iva

Hi, has anyone got a map for an hayabusa engine that has passed Iva ?

Thanks

If in doubt, flat out.

b3ngy

posted on 3/3/14 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the same boat. You can download them from the power commander website can't you?? Haven't fully looked in to it yet.
Relph

posted on 3/3/14 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Think there just performance maps, not for Iva with a cat installed.

If in doubt, flat out.

b3ngy

posted on 3/3/14 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Oh right, got ya. Hopefully someone can help then as I wouldn't know how to map it only how to put the map onto the pc.
theprisioner

posted on 3/3/14 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
I am very interested in this thread. My Power commander has USB on the label but where is the USB connector cos I cannot find it?

I guess and app on a laptop does the business but what sort of cable is needed?

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

timbo7

posted on 4/3/14 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I have a map for a PC3 (fuel only) which I set up for IVA on my 3 gas analyser. For a GEN 1 2003 hayabusa. Though I think I may have altered it slightly for MOT as I removed the CAT after IVA and set the the co2 to > 0.5 at idle - lambda and hhc are not used for testing in my area at MOT.

But guys, I absolutely cannot give any guarantee it will pass on yours giving the exhaust, pair valve, fuel line pressure variations on each set up etc. The fast idle setting at 2500 to 3000 rpm is particular sensitive for co2 0.30, hydrocarbons > 200 and lambda 0.97-1.03.

If you know someone with a 3 gas analyser, a lap top and the PC3 disc they can do this pretty easily for you. Though it can take a little trial and error to get correct.

WESTFIELD HAYABUSA 1400 - SOLD

b3ngy

posted on 4/3/14 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I have a friend who is a mot tester so can take the car to his workshop and use his gas analyser. Is the pc3 fairly easy to get your head round and adjust? I have had a few of my production cars mapped before so have a very basic understanding of what goes on but have never actually mapped anything myself.
timbo7

posted on 4/3/14 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
It is very straight forward. But before you start check how the stock ECU performs.

You will need to download a map... There are loads available on the power commander site. This needs loaded to the ECU. The maps are simply a range of numbers that over fuel or under fuel the standard ECU map.

The live screen has load sites (throttle angle) vs rpm.

1st calibrate the load sites from idle (closed throttle) to full throttle.

Run eng to hot.

Then at idle load sites adjust your fuelling by either reducing or adding fuel by adjusting the numbers down or up. You will need to work not just on single load sites but make adjustments to the adjoining numbers as they interpolate. This will give you finer control over the fueling.

The fast idle is tricky to hold steady between 2500 and 3000 rpm and will very much depend on ign ramp, exhaust/intake air leaks, water temp, fan switching in/out. This takes time to get to the emission targets.

Remember that for the car to pass after fast idle test the eng must return to idle with co2 sub 0.5.

Have fun.

WESTFIELD HAYABUSA 1400 - SOLD

adithorp

posted on 4/3/14 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
You don't need to download a map. The Power Commander adds or subtracts fuel from the existing Yamaha ECU map.

The soft-wear will give you a grid with rev and throttle range axis. The amount it adds is represented by the number you put in any of the boxes. If the whole grid is blank then it runs to Yam' spec. If an individual box is blank then it runs at whatever setting is in the Yamaha map at those parameters.

Start with a blank PC map Then with it hot and on the emissions tester play with different setting until you get results. You only need to work in the rev range needed for the test (idle and 2500-3000)

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Relph

posted on 5/3/14 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info guys. I set up my previous r1 engine on a power commander but it is hard for me to get access to a gas analyser now, so was hoping someone could email me a map they've already passed on and I would just tweek that alittle bit if it needed.

Thanks

If in doubt, flat out.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.