Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Plumber in Liverpool?
dhutch

posted on 23/2/16 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Plumber in Liverpool?

As a favor for a friend, does anyone know a tame plumber in Liverpool?
The prv on their hotwater tank is weeping and needs changing.

Combined over-temp and pressure to be exact.

Daniel

sprintB+

posted on 23/2/16 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure its not over pressuring due to temperature being to high ? I presume its an unvented cylinder, so you will need a plumber with the relevant unvented ticket. I'm to far South.
adam1985

posted on 23/2/16 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Or it could be the expansion vessel, best thing to do is get somebody to check it over and diagnose it correctly before replacing parts
dhutch

posted on 23/2/16 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adam1985
Or it could be the expansion vessel, best thing to do is get somebody to check it over and diagnose it correctly before replacing parts

Your right, it does want a check-over including checking for air in the expansion vessel.

However it weeps constantly always, even when its not heating and the hot taps been run and its not anywhere near being over-temp, and at varying amount depending on how well it seats after you vent. So unless the whole main (its a flat on the top floor of a managed block) is over pressure and has been for the 3 months they 'have not had hot water in the afternoon' then its the valve.

It also looks about period for being 25 years old and ripe for replacement, as likely, is the expansion vessel!

Daniel

dhutch

posted on 23/2/16 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know anyone in the area then?

Daniel

dhutch

posted on 9/3/16 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Anyone know anyone in the area then?

Daniel

Had a look again at the weekend and there is a pressure gauge on the system, which reads about .25bar under the setting of the cold-side prv (3.5 or 4bar I cant remember) but well under the combined prv and temp on the hotside. So doubt its that.

#

ANYWAY; apparently the man came today, had a look, turned the two immersion heaters down 'from 40 to 30' and told them to see what its like tomorrow. While also muttering it should be above 50 to kill legionnaires.

Now the adjuster might be a bit out, but 30 seems really cold to me, and I could well believe it was set to 40 before as even in the morning you could basically run the water directly out of the cylinder for a shower without mixing any cold.

He didnt check the expansion vessel.

#

I think he has tried to bodge it, and needs to come back tomorrow even if its not leaking, which I expect it still will. New valve, new expansion vessel, and while the immersions up to 55c.

Daniel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.