Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone going to be on the Luego pitch today?
SteveWallace

posted on 2/5/16 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
anyone going to be on the Luego pitch today?

Parked my car on the Luego pitch at Stoneleigh today (Monday) and I'm the only one here. Anyone else coming?
Pojo

posted on 2/5/16 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Steve, there was no one there yesterday afternoon either. Enjoy
SteveWallace

posted on 2/5/16 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Had a good look around the show and then decided to head back as there was still no one else on the pitch. I guess due to the impending band of rain that was due to come through.

I quite often have a problem making the Sunday, and Monday always seems quieter with few if, anyone, on the Luego pitch. I'm thinking that I might latch onto a more general car club pitch next year with more potential for there to be more people (unless its blazing sunshine, in which case the Luego pitch might be more populated).

I thought that there were less exhibitors this year, although some really nice cars to be tempted with. I'm going to need a bigger garage, but I need to finish my MG TC project before I buy anything else. The Ultima pitch (also) had a couple of particularly interesting models on display

Picked up a few garage consumables and had a good blat there and back so still a worthwhile half day out.

rusty nuts

posted on 2/5/16 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Saw your car Steve but no sign of you and the car had gone when I came back. Yesterday there was Beck's and Pete's Viento Twybrow's Velocity a Honda engine car that I didn't recognise along witha Tiger and Neil's Viento
SteveWallace

posted on 2/5/16 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Saw your car Steve but no sign of you and the car had gone when I came back. Yesterday there was Beck's and Pete's Viento Twybrow's Velocity a Honda engine car that I didn't recognise along witha Tiger and Neil's Viento

Sorry that I missed you.

If there had been more people around then I would have stayed until after the rain as there was only one band of it that was due to pass quite quickly. I even brought my waterproof car cover. However, as I didn't see anyone I did a dash back home before it arrived. Sunday seems like by far the most popular day regardless of the weather, but as other threads have suggested Stoneleigh seems to be turning into a shadow of its former self (at least on Mondays).

I found out last year that there are actually quite a lot of smaller car events around (classic cars, country fairs with a car section etc) that kits are welcome to attend. I'll keep my eyes open and point them out on here in case if the weather is looking good.

rusty nuts

posted on 2/5/16 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
There is a show in Saffron Walden called Cars on the common where kit cars are welcome , nice little show with a few kitcars and classics best thing it's free. Will post the date when I find it
Toprivetguns

posted on 2/5/16 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Keep me updated - should be on the road by then !

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

rusty nuts

posted on 2/5/16 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Forget Cars on the common it's the Saffron Walden classic car show Aug 14th 2016 but it is on the common . Free but they will be going round with a bucket
collect for the Arthur Rank hospice in Cambridge

Irony

posted on 2/5/16 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I was all set to go but I didn't quite have the courage to drive the 100mile there after my recent overheat. Did 50 local miles instead and everything seems fine. Then took my boy to the zoo.

Been looking at local car shows etc and I am going to try and attend more. Sad that the Luego area was empty. Without backup from Luego the marque will disappear. They don't seem bothered.

SteveWallace

posted on 3/5/16 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony

Been looking at local car shows etc and I am going to try and attend more. Sad that the Luego area was empty. Without backup from Luego the marque will disappear. They don't seem bothered.

Let me know if you see any that look good and if I'm available and the weather is nice I'll make my way across. Its a pity that Newark show went to the wall just as you were getting to the end of your build as that would have been just around for corner for you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.