Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Parking Up..?
Sterillium

posted on 5/6/16 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Parking Up..?

Just wondering...

When you Viento chaps zoom about on not-so-sunny days, what do you do about keeping the car cabin dry / away from prying fingers when you leave it somewhere?

When I had my last TVR I'd park up somewhere and leave it but at least I could put the roof up!

I want to use my Viento rain and shine like I always have with TVRs.

CosKev3

posted on 5/6/16 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
It is a problem if you are away from the car.

Last time the Mrs and me went out for a drive we stopped for a cuppa at llyn brenig and we came back to the car there was foot prints all over the drivers seat where some cheeky c*nt had put there child in for a photo no doubt

I've no issue with letting people put there kids in for a pic, but it's not on to do it without permission imo.

anthony1

posted on 6/6/16 at 06:10 AM Reply With Quote
Car cover.......Parking up....

For my MK Indy.............I have made a tonneau cover , modified an MG Midget one. But I also bought a lightweight cockpit cover from , Walker St Clair car covers. It just fits over the cockpit.....is very light weight and comes with a small storage bag , so slips behind the seat when not in use. They have their own website , but also sell them on ebay........think I paid about £50.
anthony1

posted on 6/6/16 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
car cover......

Just looked on ebay.........if you search for Caterham cover you will see the one I have , now £54.95 + postage. I have aero screens on my car and it still fits fine.
Bluemoon

posted on 6/6/16 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
hood up.. Side screens on..
adithorp

posted on 6/6/16 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
Tonneau cover solves the issue.

Didn't someone on here come back to their car a couple of years ago and find David Bellamy sat in it?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Irony

posted on 6/6/16 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Did you get one then?
nick205

posted on 6/6/16 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
In my experience there's not much you can do when leaving the car unattended in public. I used to make a point of parking my MK Indy somewhere visible and where it shouldn't be tampered with. Not much else I could do really.

ash_hammond

posted on 6/6/16 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
I have issues with mine on the drive. We share a drive with our neighbors, the little lad once asked if he could sit in it, which i did not mind.

Now he seems to think its an open invite when ever it is out to just jump in and press any buttons he feels like. Just ignores me and parents when we say no.

I've learn my lesson, goes in the garage when they are out playing or not at school.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

prawnabie

posted on 6/6/16 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Tonneau cover solves the issue.

Didn't someone on here come back to their car a couple of years ago and find David Bellamy sat in it?

Yeah I remember that, wasn't it darrenw?

steve m

posted on 6/6/16 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
if I was to come back to my car to find "someone else" sitting in it, with out my permission, I would take a big swing and take their chin off with my fist, im pretty sure in the eye of the police, I would be protecting my investment from being stolen

known friends, club mates, maybe exempt, for a few seconds .............

and just so you all know, I have NEVER hit anyone so far, but if we could find the guy that really pushed me over the top a good few years ago, and I swung an axe at his head, he will prove the point,

we never saw that idiot again, nor his chums who thought it was funny to ride there motorbikes up the path outside my house at speed, when my 5yr old daughter was playing on her new bicycle

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Sterillium

posted on 6/6/16 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not too worried about fiddlers... I'm more concerned about rain getting in.
steve m

posted on 6/6/16 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't mind my interior getting soaked, and it has a few times over the years, but some numpty getting in ???
I would kill them

my interior is fully carpeted, etc, and even when the water was 2" above my ankles, it all dried out fine within hours

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Sterillium

posted on 6/6/16 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
S'pose one answer is to stick with no carpets and vinyl seats, then it's no different to a motorcycle sat in the rain I guess.
mark chandler

posted on 6/6/16 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I wouldn't mind my interior getting soaked, and it has a few times over the years, but some numpty getting in ???
I would kill them

my interior is fully carpeted, etc, and even when the water was 2" above my ankles, it all dried out fine within hours

That looks lovely Steve

steve m

posted on 6/6/16 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mark

hence why I would kill someone ...........

SteveWallace

posted on 7/6/16 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
I did wonder about getting a little sign made up that I could hang off the car somewhere when I leave it with words to the effect "caution, hot exhaust". I know that for everyone on here its a statement of the obvious, but in the litigious society that we now live in I can easily imagine someone trying to sue one of us because little Jonny got his hand or leg burnt.

You can just imagine the adverts "Have you been burnt by a kit car exhaust. If so, call Ambulance-chasers-4-u..."

I was at a classic car show in Nottingham on Sunday that had loads of Austin 7s. Even though the owners of one were sat next to it, a couple of kids (with parents standing watching them) just walked up to it and started to play with the horn without even asking. The owners were an awful lot more tolerant than I would have been (its not the doing it, its the not asking ).

posted on 7/6/16 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I have fitted one of those big red key things that cut off the battery.

Not because I have delusions about breaking lap records at track days but simply to isolate the electrics
from the little horrors that lack of discipline has produced.

Since I have ally bodywork I wonder if I could rig up one of those electric fence units. Mmmm. Are they not 12v ?

Paul G

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.