Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The full set
Shooter63

posted on 22/2/17 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
The full set

After some serious hunting around today I finally recieved the final piece to make a full set, I'm now the proud owner of " high speed low cost"
Mk1 type plans and mk5 plans, all I need now is an empty workshop and a spare 6 months.

Shooter

rodoe

posted on 13/3/17 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nice cars Shooter. I was going to build a Terrapin (got all the books and plans). Things changed though so building a compromise.
If you're looking for 60s style bodywork as I was, like Lotus or Brabhams, check out the historic Formula Vees around. MMay let you use the molds.
In case you don't know about the Terrapin site, Google 'jawfish terrapin'.
Heaps of info.

Shooter63

posted on 13/3/17 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Yup I know about the jawfish site, I've been trying to join for weeks. I think I'm going to build a mk5, at the moment I'm just collecting the mini based parts ( swivel hubs, engine gearbox etc) it will be next summer before anything exciting happens, so plenty of time yet. As for the body I'm going to try to get a Landar R6 if I can find out who has the molds.

Shooter

rodoe

posted on 13/3/17 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ooh, that Lander R6 is a pretty car. Wish I could get one over here (Australia) . Enjoy the build. Any reason sticking with the mini engine? Bike engines cheaper, lighter, faster and more reliable.
Shooter63

posted on 13/3/17 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
I've always been a mini man, I used to have a mk1 back in the day, my Mrs still runs one as a daily drive, I'm in the middle of doing a 1293 engine for it at the moment so I'll have a engine and box to use when I swap it out, and I've got a turbo sitting under the workshop bench which should liven it up a bit.

Shooter

rodoe

posted on 14/3/17 at 01:15 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I know the appeal, I had an Austin Healey Sprite many years ago and they are an easy motor to work on. Keep us up to date with the Lander body, it is a stunning piece of work.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.